Q-tips and Coffee Filters helped me learn TTATT

by RedPillPopper 20 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

I missed this thread last month.  I just wanted to say I enjoyed your OP and your unique perspective.   I am looking forward to more of your posts.  

The illustrations of paradise always showed a simple life.  No tips or coffee filter in sight.lol..  I always assumed we would each be self-sufficient and have self sustainable communities.

I used to wonder what would happen after the earth and was filled. No more children?   My  fantasy solution was the perfect brains would figure space flight and we would be inhabiting other planets. 

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Its these types of moments when I too would think about these little intricacies of the jw beliefs and ideas and just not be able to philosophically balance them out with rationality. One step beyond this the thing that I could never accept even at the highest point of my trying in the org, was that after a thousand years we get a do over with satan. 1000... things are great... woohoo, oh f%$k look who's back, the devil. *sadtrombone* guess god would need to be sure one last time... or would it be? When the isrealites were suppose to get into the promised land the way it reads is all was gonna be "paradise". Anyway a bit off subject, but many things about the paradise concept don't add up. And I only drink espresso so no filters for me, paradise here I come!!
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    It may surprise you to know that I have thought about very similar issues with the new system.  The society paints this picture of an agrarian society where people live in harmony with nature. However, in the pictures there are generally items shown that require manufacturing skills.  We need to consider that for these things to be made, there needs to be a monetary system.  Otherwise, how would someone be motivated to work? With a monetary system you have things like greed and all those ugly words that are the opposite of what is painted in the pictures.
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In the New Order, you won't need Q-Tips because your ears will be perfectly waxless. In fact, you won't need to shower because perfect people will never get dirty or smelly, even in they spend all day rolling around in the bamboo forest with pandas. And you won't need coffee filters because perfect people won't need caffeine.

Or...

In the New Order, Q-Tips and coffee filters will grow on trees and we can go out and pick them fresh each morning.

See? With a little imagination this stuff writes itself!

• blondie
    blondie

I would always ask the car group who had been communing on life in the new world, where electricity would come from provided by just the flip of the switch.  Yes, of course they said without any knowledge of how electricity in their own town was provided.

Coal is dug out of the ground 800 miles away, it is loaded on trains and shipped to factory which heats water, makes steam, turns the turbines, voila, electricity.

So who digs the coal, who makes the machinery and maintains it, or the train and the tracks, who drives the train, who unloads the coal, who knows how to run the turbines, who maintains the poles and the lines, etc.   They had no clue except to say holy spirit.

I remember the sister that pointed at a 15 bedroom mansion and said she would live there in the new system.  I asked how she would be able to clean such a large home...she said she would hire some poor sisters who needed money. 

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

The Utopian 'paradise earth' imagined by glorified factory bosses in the GB tower really amounts to consigning the faithful to live as ants in a colony; an eternal and indefatigable, labor-intensive crucible of mindless toil and a pasted-on smile.

• tidalblitz
    tidalblitz
    In modern society, most do not have the skills to live off the land. Hardly anyone knows how to grow their own food or knows how to butcher animals. I know many brothers and sisters who are dainty. They need a daily shower and don't like to get "dirty". Well, what do they think it's going to be like without people with the know how to make modern society function? We really will need all those rules from the OT at that point. Gotta go bathroom? Go walk 1/2 mile outside of your encampment with your shovel to dig a hole. Then make sure to cover over it with soil properly!!
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

"Dead Body Burial Duty?" lol

You couldn't get anybody to help clean the Bathrooms at the Kingdom Hall, much less clean up dead bodies.

Most of the Sisters wouldn't touch a toilet brush if their life depended on it and the important Elders had much more pressing issues to deal with.  

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hardly anyone knows how to grow their own food or knows how to butcher animals.

Oh my, there won't be any butchering of animals in paradise!

Instead, Jesus will make pork chop trees and hamburger bushes!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

kairos - "Who gets those jobs?"

Slaves volunteers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit