Illegal immigrants in the organization?

by silent 46 Replies latest jw friends

• silent
    silent

Actually illegal immigrants are breaking the laws of the new testament if you take Rom. 13:1 as a biblical command to obey the laws of the land. Illegal immigrants are in effect, trespassing. So if I were to trespass on properties all the time and get convicted, fined, and do jail time, I could still be an approved Witness?

It's a double-standard. Illegal immigrants are breaking federal law and to claim to be Jehovah's people and break the laws of the land in clear violation of Biblical standards is proof to me that the organization is not consistent. It's okay to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses while breaking federal laws. It doesn't make sense to me...

• Mr. Self-Destruct
    Mr. Self-Destruct

In my congregation, illegal immigrants are not allowed to serve as ministerial servants, elders etc due to them not following the law, which is that you need to be a legal citizen.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"Illegal immigrants are breaking federal law and to claim to be Jehovah's people and break the laws of the land in clear violation of Biblical standards is proof to me that the organization is not consistent."

OK.

That would be the very least harmful thing they do, if you think it is harmful.

Of course, illegal immigrants are also trying to provide for their family.

I'm not saying they aren't breaking the law; just asking for people to consider the human side of the equation (as in, if you thought you could work here under the radar, and better your family's chances, you would probably do it too) and to consider that it isn't a churches job to send people back to their home country.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Also consider this:

If you feel so strongly that illegals should not be here at all, don't eat at any restaurants (are there any that don't?) that employ them, and tell the restaurant owners so.

Also, don't shop at Walmart; their maintenance subs are illegals; tell Walmart about it.

Don't buy a certain brand of flooring; the company bused in illegals from Mexico until they got caught.

Don't have flooring or roofing installed from the big box stores; they hire subs who hire illegals.

Until people who are so against illegals step up and offer to pay more for nearly everything so that illegal labor is out of the equation, get off the high horse.

And I am off my soap box.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

In a past California hall I attended we had about 70 English publishers. We shared our hall with two Spanish Congregations with about 300 publishers. The two Spanish halls shared 4 elders (the 4 attended attended 2 meetings back to back) reason...? So few spanish JWs were legal residents and could read, they could not form a second servant body.

• kairos
    kairos

Someone tell me how an illegal qualifies for JW baptism?

• silent
    silent

Good point about illegal aliens qualifying for baptism! I also do go out of my way to not support or hire illegals. Without their legal entry, in time they turn their new place of living into the same cultural cesspool they escaped from. They didn't create the culture and infrastructure in the U.S., but are sure willing to come here and ride on the shirt tails of success while not contributing to it on iota. Eventually their corrupted culture comes out and bingo, you have the same cesspool they wanted to escape from. All that aside, illegals being allowed in the organization is allowing a perpetual law breaker to exist within the confines of the congregation. How do they reason this out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit