Illegal immigrants in the organization?

by silent 46 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

This issue may be what first started to open my eyes.

---

I'm also in construction.

An illegal was doing work and literally taking my jobs by bidding at less than half my price.

I reported this to the elders and to a first then second CO.

After quite some time, maybe 18 months, I was out in service with an elder and I asked what was going on with the lawbreaker.

He said, "As a body of elders, we have decided to ignore this"...

I was furious. Almost asked to be taken home right then and there.

After this, I started plotting my escape.

---

Hypocrisy. Illegals don't have state/local licenses, no insurance, no driver's license, no bond, no workman's comp, don't pay taxes and don't care one bit.

It's breaking the law(s).

---

He moved back to the spanish hall, so "problem solved".

This is a guy that admitted to one of the elders that, he planned a vacation to the USA, but "decided not to go home".

He was an elder in Mexico, FYI.

Premeditated criminal activity. I'm sure I just misunderstood the situation...

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

I know that some illegals can't do certain things like go to bethel or do construction for them. But congregations accept them and work with them. They get privileges. Just this assembly, I heard that many weren't going to show up when they were told to go to San Diego (about 2 he's away and going down south) out of fear that immigration would stop them along the way. So it was thought that they would show up at the next assembly in Long beach (45 minutes) instead, even if it wasn't assigned to them.

• hardtobeme
    hardtobeme

In the congregation I go to (Spanish), almost half are illegal immigrants. One of the was appointed once as an elder. He was an elder for only 6 months. When the next CO visited our congregation he was removed because he had no drivers license. Last assembly in San Diego almost all of them didn't go. They went to Long Beach and I heard that it was over crowded. They had to make an announcement that if their congo was not assigned there, they must not go. San Diego was almost empty. At lunch time they would filled with brothers and sisters the back rows of seats to give an impression that the stadium was full.

• silent
    silent

So the congregation accepts and harbors illegal immigrants. Because they are illegal, they don't listen to the GB and go their whatever assembly hall they want to in order to avoid law enforcement. So how can their insubooridination allow them to still be Witnesses?

This proves to me without a doubt that the organization picks and chooses which laws of Caesar they want to enforce on the rank and file - even if it means breaking the law to keep the numbers up.

Disgusting and therefore I reserve the right to conduct my personal affairs in similar manner.

End of story.

-silent

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I can tell you for 100% certain there are undocunmented JWs in the country. Yes the organizations knows about them. However, they are not allowed to serve as elders, MS, Pioneers.

• Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

@Blondie. As usual very good research and answers to the point!

I was looking for such reference myself since a similar situation rose in our congregation.

A person who was studying abroad and decided to visit the uk on a student visa (later on it appeared the intention is to stay) continued their study and then got peptised and shortly applied for regular auxiliary pioneer and got it.

To add in insult to injury, the person openly says "I spent all my time in ministry and dont go to college".

This person should be studying in the college not going fulltime in the ministry.

They are breaking the law and several grounds and they get privileges in the congregation.

Double standards? I think No standards!

Da Furious

• sir82
    sir82

There are 10's of thousands in the USA, and worldwide among JWs, I'm virtually certain there are 100's of thousands.

Tech49 well described the org's attitude.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"The fact of the matter is that breaking the law is of interest to the elders and the congregation. You need to have a good report from the outside if you are to be a servant."

Not really; they only care about certain things.

They don't give a shit about child abusers, that's obvious.

I am not saying that the WT should do this or that about illegals; my point is that prosecution of illegal immigration has no place in a christian church.

Illegal immigrants are not breaking any law of Jesus.

• jimbojones
    jimbojones

There are many illegal 'need greaters' (I hate term) in my country. They can only serve as an MS or elder if they were one in their home country. Cannot be appointed unless legal. However, many are used as elders and MSs without the title. A double standard in my opinion.

• TD
    TD
    I'm wondering if there are any illegal immigrants who are witnesses?

Ohhhh yes....!

As far as I know they can't be appointed, but other than that nobody cares here where I live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit