After all, JWs were RIGHT!

by abiather 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• abiather
    abiather

1) Science and technology appeared as a savior to mankind, yet the overall result points to the opposite direction.

http://aeon.co/magazine/science/why-has-human-progress-ground-to-a-halt/

2) “John Kerry warns of catastrophe if climate change is not tackled”

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/environment/article4295230.ece (Times, Saturday 13, 2014)

JWs may have gone wrong in some dates and silly details. But their core teaching remains not only UNCHALLENGED and UNCHANGEABLE, but day by day its radiance increases: “To earthling man his way does not belong.” (Jeremiah 10:23)

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Seriously??

1799;1874;1878;1881;1914;1915;1925;1975; generation; overlapping generation, faithful slave, etc,etc,etc...

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Just curious: what has WT done for mankind in the past 40 years? Or ever??

JWs may have gone wrong in some dates and silly details.

Understatement of the century.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Keep thinking, keep learning, keep growing.

Usually when people post things like this, it's because of something known as cognitive dissonance. Once in a while they experience discomfort because the things they're being teached don't add up and cannot be verified, so they try to get rid of that feeling by preaching harder. This is an often futile attempt to eliminate that discomfort.

Sometimes our emotions can teach us, if we listen.

• prologos
    prologos

It is not science that is failing, it is the lack of applying science, birth control in 3rd world countries, lack od applying renewable enrgy uses, and unwarranted urban sprawl, like turning a nature lake side habitat near New York City in Wrawick into a wt concrete jungle, when the end is so near, the overlap is almost lapsed.

• sparky1
    sparky1

After all, Pastor Russell was RIGHT!

http://www.pastor-russell.com/legacy/intro.html

Happy reading, abiather!

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Abiather,

You are baiting people here? right?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

abiather: But their core teaching remains not only UNCHALLENGED and UNCHANGEABLE, but day by day its radiance increases: “To earthling man his way does not belong.” (Jeremiah 10:23)

Um, that's not "theirs." It's in the Bible. Public domain.

Get the fucking clue and find some blind squirrels to locate some nuts.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ancient Chinese Wisdom from a Fortune Cookie at Panda Express:

FC

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

so they try to get rid of that feeling by preaching harder. This is an often futile attempt to eliminate that discomfort.

Sadly, I've seen it.

"I'm pleasing God, because many times a week for x number of years, I've been told that this is what pleases God."

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

ablather what is the core teaching your refering to? there seems to be so many.

why has human progress .... article was interesting. however, i feel that at some point we will have a repeat of that , as we have in the past, every so many decades or 100 yrs or so mankind has a boost in understanding. its how we learn and evolve.

im not getting the connection with these two references and the scripture, as proving anyone right about anything.

am i the only one clueless about the purpose of the post?

please tell me im not, please, i dont want to be the dunce.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit