JW Flash Mob

by Listener 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• j dubb
    j dubb

Welcome to 2004.

• coalize
    coalize

On one hand, this kind of thing, looks so "worldly".... In the another hand, every sign that shows that the old boring conservative GB members are losing grasp little by little on the young JW, is not totally negative...

• mana11
    mana11

Now thats where Apostates should be holding up banners!

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

Can you imagine flash mobs and the wave being done in the late 70s or 80s or even the early 90s? The brothers in charge would have levelled some pretty serious counsel at the rank and file for the unrulyness of it all and treating Jehovah's house of worship as some kind of studio or play ground. How is a bunch of adults flash mobbing any different than a bunch of kids playing on the stage? The underlying motive treats the place of worship as some kind of social centre or music hall. I find the latest trends in the organization extremely disturbing as it basically undoes everything we've been taught growing up and shows it as a bunch of lies and double-standards if this kind of behaviour is tolerated. If I was there at this assembly hall fiasco, I would have got up and walked out. I find it very disrespectful.

Nicely worded and you hit the nail on the head. That's the point for most of us. We are just shocked at how this is so easily acceptable now. The whole religion is proving to be a lie. The changed teachings & beliefs, the changed policies & procedures, the changed social standards....all A BIG LIE!

• rebel8
    rebel8

losing grasp little by little on the young JW

I thought that at first too, but did you see the ages of the singers in the first video? That really struck me. I can't believe these are the same people who lived through 1975, 80s, end of the century w/o the preaching work ending as predicted, 2014, etc., and then they do this. I guess that shows the power of the cult. They will go along with anything, I guess.

• steve2
    steve2

The more troubled you are by your faith and the less able you are to see any viable alternative to your faith, the more likely you will be drawn to public demonstrations of your faith to prove how much you believe it. Paradoxical - but nonetheless effective.

When your faith falters, impression management is vital for self-bolstering of that faith.

The human capacity for self-delusion is largest when it is needed the most.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Good point Steve2.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`m flabbergasted , truly , did I belong to this religion for 33 years ? A flash mob in a deserted street that is probably sprinkeled with jehovahs witnesses anyway , singing ? a song nobody has ever heard of praising a God , given the name jehovah by a catholic of the 13th century .

The emphasis in the christian greek scriptures is honouring and making the name of Jesus Christ manifest ,his , is the name that is above any other name in heaven , on earth , or beneath the earth according to the christian greek scriptures , not anyone called jehovah .

The tetragrammaton does not occur in the christian greek scriptures , therefore has no rightful place to be their , in other words the name jehovah does not belong their.

The only ones they are fooling are themselves.

smiddy

• cleanideas
    cleanideas

It's just so absurd. So glad I've been free of them for 15 years now. I don't even recognize what they have turned into.

• steve2
    steve2

A side point - but a compelling one: some of the sisters who are in the self-described "flash mob" are wearing pants and appear perfectly normal and appropriate. Yet, the organization's stifling dress code frowns upon sisters wearing anything but " well arranged dress" when representing their faith in public. The brothers also seem perfectly okay without ties. Let's hope this rather odd public gathering has a positive spin off for acceptable dress codes.

Back to topic, my long- deceased JW grandparents would have blasted this as something the churches of Christendom do; namely, public displays of religiosity. Oh, I am sure it was well intentioned q - but the fact it was videod kind of suggests it has an off- putting self-aggrandizing quality along the lines of displaying one's superior faith. Ugh!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit