The Watchtower 3/15/2015 Parables! New Understanding! plus More!

by wifibandit 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lrkr
    lrkr

So why not go one step further and admit that the illustration of a "faithful and discreet slave" may NOT refer to a group of 21st century self proclaimed religious leaders living in New York???? It might just be a teaching that had entirely 1st century application??

Slippery slope when they start to dismantle the Freddie doctrines!

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Another point on this magazine.  page 9 para 7

"Is there a Scriptural basis for prophetic pictures? Yes. For instance, Jesus
    spoke of “the sign of Jonah the prophet.”
    (Read Matthew 12:39, 40.) Jesus explained that Jonah’s sojourn in the belly
    of the fish—which would have been Jonah’s grave had Jehovah not preserved
    him alive—was prophetic of Jesus’ own time in the grave." 

For that to be a type/antitype, that would have been planned by God.  The fact that Jesus was dead from Nisan 14 to 16 was a fulfillment of the offering of the Barley on Nisan 16.  The fact that Jonah was in the belly of the fish for that length of time was a coincidence because I don't think it was part of God's purpose.  Jesus knew of Jonah and what happened and the length; he just used that as an example, rather than his being in the fish that long for a purpose.   That is not a prophetic fulfillment, just a coincidence that they could understand and relate to.

para 8 says:"The Bible contains other inspired prophetic pictures." 

They are inspired because they are prophetic pictures from their past, not because Paul was inspired of God.

the prophetic pictures - Jehu and Jehonadab.  Elijah and Elisha class etc.

Stuff that made the anointed back then feel good. 

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

so, was Fred a secret apostate? lol.

are the current writers of the articles secret apostates trying to dismantle the society from the inside?

does the GB actually READ THOSE ARTICLES?

the definition of discreet Is lost on the GB.

Observe who leave early from those studies come  those Sundays

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sowhatnow - "are the current writers of the articles secret apostates trying to dismantle the society from the inside?"

I sure wonder sometimes.

sowhatnow - "Observe who leave early from those studies come those Sundays"

Honestly, I suspect many pieces are written this way to subtly and deliberately alienate anyone with critical thinking skills, leaving just the hard-core loyalists.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

our publications in recent years have emphasized the lessons we can learn from Bible accounts

Their "simplification" and "Bible accounts emphasized" really just boils down to:

• Only the GB/FDS matters.
    • Believe only what we tell you.
    • Do exactly what we tell you.
    • Give all your money to us.
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit
    Hey Billy.  That sounds like a morning worship I heard once!  We got "talked to" about G-jobs and vacation days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit