The Watchtower 3/15/2015 Parables! New Understanding! plus More!

by wifibandit 65 Replies latest watchtower bible

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

especially in a spiritual sense.

Ummm, wasn't the point that these two men were of different religions, and then offered medical and financial help nonetheless?

Colombia reports that 66 percent of the Witnesses are sisters and 34 percent are brothers.

Okay, you guys have convinced me.

I'm returning, and going to where the need for brothers is great.

Hubba, hubba.

• Listener
    Listener

That's right Data Dog. They acknowledge that the anointed have been given the job of preaching (as per the Talents Parable). However because they determine through the parable of the Sheep & Goats that the Great Crowd must help the anointed, they therefore have the God given right to ask the GC to help them with the witnessing work and if they don't they will be judged as a Goat.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

w2015 3/15 pg. 19-20 par. 3

3 The parable of the talents is one of four related illustrations recorded at Matthew 24:45 to 25:46. The other three —about the faithful and discreet slave, the ten virgins, and the sheep and the goats—are also part of Jesus’ answer to the question about the sign of his presence. In all four illustrations, Jesus highlights traits that would distinguish his true followers in these last days. The illustrations about the slave, the virgins, and the talents are directed to his anointed followers. In the illustration involving the faithful slave, Jesus highlights the need for the small group of anointed ones entrusted with feeding his domestics during the last days to be faithful and discreet. In the parable of the virgins, Jesus stresses that all his anointed followers would need to be prepared and to be vigilant, knowing that Jesus is coming but not knowing the day or the hour. In the parable of the talents, Jesus shows that the anointed would need to be diligent in carrying out their Christian responsibilities. Jesus directs the final illustration, the parable of the sheep and the goats, to those with an earthly hope. He emphasizes that they would have to be loyal and give full support to Jesus’ anointed brothers on earth. Let us now focus on the illustration of the talents.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

(With Rodney Dangerfield adjusting his tie.)

So, there was this Pair o' Bulls, see, and then, see...

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

it's a cult

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

When they openly acknowledge that the Faithful a Discreet Slave illustration is just a Parable just like Peter said at Luke 12:41 I'll go back. Just kidding im not going back.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

99% of the "flock" will not even see anything different in all of this...

Remember, doctrine IS NOT IMPORTANT to the average witness! Remember, "we have the truth"...no matter what it is that is taught...

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

99% of the "flock" will not even see anything different in all of this...

Look forward to many JWs saying:

"There was a change"

"I didn't catch that when I read it."

[Private thought: That's a lie fib. What I meant was, I didn't read that.]

"I thought that's what we always taught."

"Well, at least that's how I always believed it."

Doc

• Listener
    Listener

They once again give credit to Jehovah for making the cahnges in understandings of the parables. I wonder who they credit with the original understandings of the parables?

Does it not make us happy to see that Jehovah makes his teachings clear to us?

• dozy
    dozy

" Augustine of Hippo commented extensively on the account where we read that Jesus fed about 5,000 men with five barley loaves and two fish. Since barley was considered to be inferior to wheat, Augustine concluded that the five loaves must represent the five books of Moses (the inferior “barley” representing the supposed inferiority of the “Old Testament”). And the two fish? For some reason he likened them to a king and a priest. Another scholar fond of looking for types and antitypes asserted that Jacob’s purchase of Esau’s birthright with a bowl of red stew represented Jesus’ purchase of the heavenly inheritance for mankind with his red blood!

If such interpretations seem far-fetched, you can understand the dilemma. "

I just find this section ( in the QFR ) hugely ironic considering the societies' often bizarre interpretations. I honestly don't know how the writer could have written this with a straight face.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit