Do Jws even need Jesus?

by TTWSYF 31 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^^^^

Sh1t!

Before I submitted it the post wasn't like that! I guess you guys know what I meant, right?

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

And Dont Call Me Shirley- Great post exposing another WTS lie

Hope my brother thinks that means something. How can one reason with someone who thinks lying for the truth is acceptable and koser?

just saying

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all" 1 Timothy 2:5,6

A mediator is "One who interposes between two parties at variance to reconcile them; an intercessor; an intermediary agent, or go-between. In the Scriptures the term is applied to Moses and Jesus, the mediators respectively of the Law Covenant and the New Covenant." (it-2 p. 360) Matthew 26:27-28 states that forgiveness of sins comes from the New Covenant;

'Questions from Readers: “Is Jesus the 'mediator' only for anointed Christians?

... At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the “One mediator between God and men.' (1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word 'mediator” in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is “mediator.' So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the “mediator” only for anointed Christians. The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. “This great crowd” of “other sheep” that is forming today is not in the new covenant. However by their associating with the little flock of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant.' (Watchtower, 4/1/79, p. 31

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" pp. 10-11

Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men"
    "They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, nor part of the "chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."-1 Pet. 2:9. 24 Yet they do benefit from the operation of the new covenant. They benefit from this just as, in ancient Israel, the "alien resident" benefited from residing in among the Israelites who were in the Law covenant.-Ex. 20:10; Lev. 19:10, 33, 34; Rev. 7:9-15. 25 To keep in relationship with "our Savior, God," the "great crowd" needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites." Watchtower 1979 November 15 p.27

Mediator

• "Blessings to Mankind in General. While Jesus' mediatorship operates solely toward those in the new covenant, he is also God's High Priest and the Seed of Abraham. In fulfilling his duties in these latter two positions, he will bring blessings to others of mankind, for all the nations are to be blessed by means of Abraham's seed." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.362

"Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God's Kingdom. Christ still acts toward them, however, as High Priest, through whom Jehovah can and does apply the ransom to the extent of their now being declared righteous as God's friends. (Compare James 2:23.)" Watchtower 1991 February 15 p.18

"Christ Jesus is the mediator of the new covenant toward his own brethren, that is to say, spiritual Israel, during the period of time God is taking out from the nations a people for his name." Watchtower 1934 April 1 p.104

"Being made kings and priests by reason of the new covenant that he mediated, they will share in administering the blessings of Jesus' sacrifice and of his Kingdom rule to all the nations of the earth. Christ's mediatorship, having accomplished its purpose by bringing "the Israel of God" into this position, thus results in benefits and blessings to all mankind." Insight on the Scriptures, Volume 2 p.363 Mediator

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I too have noticed how they make the statement that Jehovah is king. Since they think their equal with jesus i guess there's no need to exalt him. All hail the mediators for the JWs all 7 of them.

• Twitch
    Twitch

What is this salvation you speak of?

Why are you not now, what you want/need to be?

Who chooses who you are?

• Island Man
    Island Man

To JWs, Jesus only exists on paper for doctrinal purposes only. Outside of that, he's not on the JWs' hearts and therefore not on their lips. You never hear JWs talk about Jesus outside the context of formal doctrine. For example, you will never hear a JW refer to JWs as being "servants of Jesus". you But you will hear them using the term "servants of Jehovah". You will never hear a JW referring to organizational direction as coming from Jesus. But they will speak about organizational direction coming from Jehovah. You will see many NT texts where Jesus is praised by the writer, such as 2 Peter 3:18. But you will never hear a JW praising Jesus. JWs only talk about Jehovah, the organization and the faithful and discreet slave. Jesus is shoved in the background like he's someone they're ashamed of.

• kaik
    kaik

JWs do not care about Jesus, because their salvation lies in riding the "ark of Brooklyn and the FDS" through the Armageddon. He does not play a role in the JWs lives, but only with 144,000 who are mostly dead. JWs do not celebrate, nor participate on his Memorial, except the choosen one. If you are not the small pack, you are meaningless to Jesus; therefore, ordinary JW does not need him.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Good work Shirley, Terry & Vanders, I knew I'd read several times over the many years I was a JW that Jesus wasn't my mediator..........I just couldn't be arsed to look it all up again.

• carla
    carla

Great responses and thanks to those who posted quotes from the org.

When my jw first joined up and for quite a few years after that he did not believe that Jesus was not for him but only for the anointed/fds/gb (pick your year of doctrines I guess). It amazed me that he did not understand this simple concept that he must hang on the coat-tails of the higher ups to somehow be approved to make it into the fictional jw paradise. All these years later he finally gets it, I think. It still has nothing to do with what mainstream Christianity thinks of when referring to 'salvation' and most jw's do not consider themeselves 'sinners' anyway, or what they call intentional sinners in need of salvation.

When I talk to mainstream Christians and tell them that the average rank and file jw cannot talk to Jesus (pray to Him) they think I must have it all wrong because after all, aren't jw's just a quirky little denomination who carry a Bible? most of them have no clue at all.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

But you will never hear a JW praising Jesus.

If they do, this will result in the JW getting plastered with the "apostate" label faster than almost anything else (except questioning the GB).

JWs get noticably uncomfortable when a JW brother talks too much about Jesus.

Here is the true savior for JWs:

"We can enter into Jehovah’s rest — or join him in his rest — by obediently working in harmony with his advancing purpose as it is revealed to us through his organization." --W 7/15/11, p.28

"To ensure their salvation... it will be just as imperative that we follow the leadings of the holy spirit and obey Jehovah’s instructions through his organization." --W 9/15/91, p.17

"To understand the Bible for their salvation they had to have it explained through God’s organization". --W 11/15/61, p.692

"If we are to have Jehovah’s favor and blessing as individuals, we must support his organization and accept adjustments in our understanding of the Scriptures." -- W 5/15/14, p.29

"Thus the Bible is an organizationalbook and belongs to the Christian congregation as an organization, not to individuals, regardless of how sincerely they may believe that they can interpret the Bible. For this reason the Bible cannot be properly understood without Jehovah's visible organization in mind." Watchtower 1967 Oct 1 p.587

---

as wacky as CT Russell was, at least he got this right:

> "We always refuse to be called by any other name than that of our Head --Christians--continually claiming that their can be no division among those continually led by his Spirit and example as made known through his Word." -- Zion’s Watch Tower 1883 Mar p.6

> "The endeavor to compel all men to think alike on all subjects, culminated in the great apostasy; The union of the early church, based upon the simple gospel and bound only by love, gave place to the bondage of the Church of Rome a slavery of God's children, from the degradation of which multitudes are still weak and suffering" -- Zion's Watch Tower 1893 Sep p.264

> "We belong to no earthly organization; hence, if you should name the entire list of sects, we should answer, No, to each and to all. We adhere only to that heavenly organization- "whose names are written in heaven." (Heb. 12 :23; Luke 10: 20.) All the saints now living, or that have lived during this age, belonged to OUR CHURCH ORGANIZATION: such are all ONE Church, and there is NO OTHER recognized by the Lord. Hence any earthly organization which in the least interferes with this-union of saints is contrary to the teachings of Scripture and opposed to the Lord's will-"that they may be ONE." --W 2/1884, pp.1,2

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit