Do Jws even need Jesus?

by TTWSYF 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

The name "Jehovah" is the linguistical fabrication of a 13th century, a.d., Catholic monk: Raymundus Martini. So, the 1st century Christains couldn't be "Jehovah's Witnesses", as WT claims, because that name didn't exist in the first century a.d.

Furthermore, the tetragrammaton (YHWH) does not appear even one time in the NT, the "Christian Greek Scriptures", so if those Christians were supposed to be proclaiming god's name, they not only missed the boat, they never made it to the pier.

• GoUnion
    GoUnion

Shirley, thank you for the proclaimers quote. the watchtowers own words provide more damaging testimony against itself, then anything it's staunchest detractors could write.

i will have these quotes saved for a long time thank you.

• EndofMysteries
  • sir82
    sir82

Jesus is litle more than an intergalactic telephone operator for JWs.

You have to patch your prayers thru "in Jesus' name" in order for Jehovah to hear you.

Outside of that, he doesn't do much in JW-dom.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Jesus mows my lawn.

DD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ask a JW what they believe is an absolute requirement to get to the new order.

Faith in Jesus as their lord and savior, or being a member in good standing of the Jehovah's Witness organization?

They would hedge and say both of course, but in reality Jesus is a footnote in their doctrinal teachings.

• Terry
    Terry

If ever there were cause to consider somebody the ANTI-CHRIST . . .

the GB has been very busy positioning themselves on his throne for a long, long time.

If you are going to be baptised as a JW these days--suddenly--up pops THE ORGANIZATION

as part of your dedication!

The word 'insidious' comes to mind.

in·sid·i·ous inˈsidēəs/ adjective

1. proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with harmful effects. "sexually transmitted diseases can be insidious and sometimes without symptoms"
      synonyms: stealthy, subtle, surreptitious, cunning, crafty, treacherous, artful, sly, wily,shifty, underhanded, indirect; informal sneaky "the insidious bond between big money and political decisions"
      • treacherous; crafty.
  • sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

To put into perspective how JWs view Jesus.

I was conversing with a JW and they stated how it is up to Jehovah to judge our hearts.

Which I replied isn't Jesus who actually does the judging? She then said, well yes but according to Jehovah's will. Again I replied so then it IS Jesus who actually judges. She did finally concede that yes it was.

I then said I continually hear everyone say that Jehovah is King, when in fact isn't Jesus King? Again she had such trouble acknowledging that her "Jehovah" wasn't the only king but Jesus was king. She even said yes but that's because Jehovah has made him king but he will be king in the future. Again I countered with but that is not until AFTER the millenial reign. As of now and until the millenial reign begins, Jehovah has stepped back.

Even with what is clearly written in the bible, Jesus just isn't that important.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

No longer neccessary ... ... when you have people of this calibre.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

^^^^^^^^

Sh1t!

Before I submitted it the post wasn't in that order! I guess you guys know what I meant, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit