Do Jws even need Jesus?

by TTWSYF 31 Replies latest jw friends

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Just thinking out loud becauseof some things my elder brother has said in the past. How his works help ensure his future w/the great crowd on earth.

Me? Well, I need Jesus for my salvation,but perhaps some of you do not.

just asking

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JWs: "Who's Jesus? We have the Governing Body."

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

JWs give lip-service to the Jesus man, but they dispensed with his "saviour" services long ago.

The GB is the new Jesus.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They trot him out once a year. Aside from that..... well just pay attention to how often they mention him

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

no, jesus is only the imaginary messiah for the tiny nation of israel.

jesus may have never indicated that he was coming for all mankind literaly.

we got to read between the missing lines

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I understood from my time as a JW that the FDS said Jesus died only for them as only they are Christ's brothers & the rank & file JW's are not.

The R&F JW's only benefit from Christ's ransom sacrifice if they listen to the 'faithful & discreet slave' & obey the spiritul 'food at the proper time' they dispense.

Therefore the 'faithful & discreet slave' claims to be the mediator between god & 'the great crowd no man was able to number'.

Probably one of the most blasphemous & apostate statements declared by leaders of a religious movement.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I understood from my time as a JW that the FDS said Jesus died only for them as only they are Christ's brothers & the rank & file JW's are not.

The Lie:

"Falsely, however, some who professed to be Christian brothers charged that The Watch Tower had denied that Jesus is the Mediator between God and men, that it had repudiated the ransom and denied the necessity and fact of the atonement" (Proclaimers, ch.28, p.630)

The Fact:

"Jesus Christ in heaven is the Mediator between God and the spiritual Israelites" --W 11-15-79

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." -- Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" (1986) pp.10-11 ch.1

"So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians." -- Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31

"... the invitation to come to Jehovah's organization for salvation" -- Watchtower 1981 November 15 p.21

"The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christ’s anointed "brothers" still on earth."

-- W 3-15-2012, pp. 20-24

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

@ADCS - that's golden! Thanks for putting the lie right out there.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Help me with JW thought processing here. If the early Christians were commanded to let the Almighty's name be known, why didn't they call themselves Yahwehinians? Why did they take on the name of the inferior one? Could John 5:23 have more weight than the GB allows?

My goodness it's hard to type long messages on a phone!

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

Jesus is an afterthought...only useful for the indoctrination session at Memorial season. If you want to be a Christian, you cannot at the same time be a Jehovahs Witness

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit