"The Friends"

by FeelingFree 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Get rid of the 'r' and it would be a lot more accurate!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Yep, common here in the mid-Atlantic of the US.

• kjg132
    kjg132

Yes it is very common here in the US. An example would be saying something like "I'm going to go to lunch with some of the friends after the meeting" or "The friends in portland are organizing a get-together" Get-together is another buzzword here in the US meaning a witness gathering

• Magnum
    Magnum

kjg132: "The friends in portland are organizing a get-together" Get-together is another buzzword here in the US meaning a witness gathering

Yep, "get-together" is another one I heard over and over.

• apostrate
    apostrate

In the days of Russell and Rutherford it was used commonly. It was also convenient for them, when asked where they got the money for this building or that building, to say, "It was donated by a "friend".

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

If you're in the Mafia you would refer to another gangster as "a friend of ours."

• C.O.B.E.Beef
    C.O.B.E.Beef

They are called "the friends" because they are not "your friends". Big difference.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Never heard of or used the expression in Australia.

Here, they just say "the brothers (and sisters)"

I really only heard it said after I started coming here to this forum.

I agree with Terry:

Get rid of the 'r' and the word "fiends" is more fitting!

• FeelingFree
    FeelingFree

Haha yeah "fiends" is much more apt!

• Seeking agape
    Seeking agape

They use "friends" a lot here in Central California. From inviting "some friends" over after service or there will be a congragtion get together with the "friends"

I realized one day that I have no true friends in the Org and most of the friends really don't care about you and just want to use you to boost their own egos Or agendas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit