What Was Your Body of Elders Like?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I have no idea, never knew who most of them were.

most of the congregations i attended were fairly unfreindly, buisness like and clickish. no elders introducing themselves and offering assistance.

it was a mystery to me who was a mini servant. the elders that i once had to deal with during a family issue, were against women, bamed me for

my husbands alchohol abuse, basically told me im exagerating and 'blaming him' for everything.

[well, they all brewed the beer in thier homes so I was outnumbered by alchoholics, [all three of them eventually ended up having thier own issues and stepped down].

which i dont recall what that meant that i was 'blaming' because the reason for our 'problems' was thier and my husbands, lack of involvment in our family which needed spiritual support.

one only maybe could get my vote for 'good' elder. maybe.

• aintenoughwiskey
    aintenoughwiskey

Strain out other peoples shortcomings, and gulped down the serious problems of their families?

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Some were bullies.

Some men who'd never have control over others in any other sphere were petty & nit picking.

Very occasionally there was an elder bordering on being a spiritual man that was kindly to the congregation but was soon got rid of by the others ganging up on him.

I cannot recall there ever being a truly spiritual man in charge of any Kingdom Hall I attended.

• minimus
    minimus

Most of the Boe were ok guys. A couple were hardliners. The PO in the last KH I was a very nice man.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

one word.....aloof

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I must be honest - at least half of the elders were decent, moderate, honest and good-hearted men.

There were also one or two lunatics - one elder gave my mate a serious b*ll*cking because he had the audacity to grow a neat goatee and turn up for field service.

Another elder who said in not so many words that God would kill my mum at armageddon also counselled me for going to a Quasar party (people shoot each other with laser guns).

I guess they were a mixed bag.

• fokyc
    fokyc

A bunch of amoral liars. BUT!!

They were 'spirit appointed' ; the CO said!!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

We had a few that were decent enough guys. But they were eventually phased out by a CO who was a total company man. He did some "housecleaning" in our circuit.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Some of the guys were sweethearts, some were clueless. Just men. Our elders were deluded or fakes. One told the truth about 1975 and got kicked out.

Can you relate more details about what he said, JWdaughter? It's surprising that he would get removed just for acknowledging the Society wrote things about 1975, if that's what you mean.

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

They were serious dickheads.One was the super Nazi,even had a little Hitler mustache! One was a meek little weasel,who had had a college education in engineering,quiet-ish,but very nasty, another was like a butch prison guard that hates gays but secretly covets them,and the younger ones were all brown noses who will do ANYTHNG,including,it seemed,offer up their wifes service...Gross bunch of men.Not at all human..All dead now,but one..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit