The Hum Drum Lives of Jehovah's Witnesses

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Boring and useless, a waste of valuable time.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Meetings, field service, personal study... repeat....

Endless cycle!

• blondie
    blondie

I went out to eat, movies, concerts, vacations to Disneyworld, Europe, hiking, biking, took art classes, toured museums, went to sporting events, watched tv.

jws watch more tv than they ever spend in d2d.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Blondie... could you do all those things without having the constant guilt of "not doing more for Jehovah"?

• blondie
    blondie

Yes I did and many jws around me did the same. I found that jws found excuses around their activities.

I knew jws that went skiing on Christmas day and handed out tracts on the chair lift.

I had 2 abusive parents at home 1 jw, 1 non jw. I learned how to deal with guilt in a healthy way. At the KH I saw the hypocrisy of most jws. Only a few sincere ones were trapped into the guilt track. I had learned not to base my self esteem on the judgments of humans.

That's probably why I stayed so long.

• millie210
    millie210

My life was similar to Blondies.

I also found "joy" in the meaningless endless driving around calling at not at homes because I felt I was doing the "Lords Work"

My work enabled me to spend a lot of justifiable time with worldly people.

Most of my guilt seemed to center around enjoying my worldly friends MORE than my spiritual ones.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I see many JWs leading a rather full life at the same time being active... So did I when I was in. Visited a lot of countries, read many books, (including all the WT literature), watched TV, went to the movies...

• Divergent
    Divergent

I tried to enjoy being in the truth - I did for a while but those feelings didn't last for long. I wanted to have fun, but the problem was that there was no one in my cong to have fun with! (mostly older ones, few young ones my age)

By the way, Blondie... which was the abusive parent - the JW or the non-JW? Just curious...

• blondie
    blondie

The were both abusive, one abused, one allowed it.

• paladin1
    paladin1

I here almost at every meeting to do more and give more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit