Are you an "out of the closet" atheist?

by rebel8 33 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I believe I am an atheist. as a young woman, the light bulbs clicked for me that there wad no God. however, I ignored it and spent many years trying to believe in. a God, Jehovah being it. I don't ever advertise it, I'm in a very religious community..so much so that the first question asked when meeting someone for the first time is...what church do.you go to? my journey to my atheist view and coming to terms with it was long and difficult. it's very personal to me. I really don't want to talk to other atheist about it. I don't want to argue, debate, or defend myself. I'm weary from it. like you, I think I would have a hard time with my coworkers if I admitted it. I'm not trying to recruit, convert anyone. I am at peace with it. hey rebel8, sorry for bad typing, on my cell!

• ILoveTTATT
    ILoveTTATT

In Latin America it's horrible. Atheism is just a no-no. You might come out of the JW's, but afterwards people feel that you MUST have a religion... (preferably Catholic)

• Heaven
    Heaven

Are you an "out of the closet" atheist?

Only if people play the religion card with me. If people don't go there, I don't either.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I never considered myself to be cool enough to call myself an atheist. I have met more than a few atheists that are so absolutely certain about their position that I get very offended; Not because I believe in god but because I get intimidated by my inability to recite facts and figures in such absolute terms. No one should be that angry about their beliefs. I just want to say – chill out man!

I would love to believe in god - but I don’t. That being said, I choose to spend my remaining years on things other than debating the origins of life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit