"Material Objects"

by J-DUBBED 14 Replies latest jw friends

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

I've heard before about the J-Dubs saying they are not to have too many things..............It's just "Material Objects". Not to have Tattoos on their skin also.

What about a full blown born in J-Dub getting breast implants?? Is that allowed?? Wouldn't that be "Material Objects"??

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Don't be surprised when you find hypocrisy among jws. Most of the "conscience matter" type rules are just used when convenient to judge others or to proclaim how good you are.

• J-DUBBED
    J-DUBBED

Yes................That's kinda how I figured they"Roll". Two Face bastards.

• Darth Fader The Sequel
    Darth Fader The Sequel

Breast implants? Are you kidding me? I could take you to a few congregations I am familiar with where probably 40% of the adult women in the congregation have implants.

• steve2
    steve2

Even a born-in female Witness would readily conclude that it is a private matter and no business of elders.

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy

I wouldn't have them myself. Only cos I don't think my wife would lend me her bras.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Only Bethel can have "meterial objects" everyone else needs to live like street trash.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Breast implants hey? Hmm... Now that's a form of "material" most men would not "object" to!

Sorry, couldn't resist a pun....

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Where I grew up, this would have been heavily frowned upon in the congregation because it's an act of vanity. Witnesses do not live monastically or ascetically so the number of things they own is not especially important unless they are working long hours to afford them and thus missing meetings and service.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Yeah but who is going to know, unless you spend a lot of time with the 'sister' at the beach?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit