Are Jehovah's Witnesses Psycopaths?

by stuckinarut2 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have been thinking that JWs display an officially promoted form of thinking that makes them Psycopaths!

What I mean is, any person who enjoyed reading and leaning about past gruesome deaths, or who justified such things as being normal or acceptable would be deemed to be dangerous to society...a psychopath. (by this I am refferring to the content of the bible of course)

Then, any person who eagerly LOOKS FORWARD to witnessing a mass extermination of 99% of the population would also be deemed to be a psycopath...correct?

SO...Witnesses not only celebrate the content of the bible and its countless killings, but they also keenly await the so called big day of Armageddon...where billions will be killed!

They talk about it, they SING about it, they TEACH CHILDREN about it....hmmmm....

That is kind of creepy, right?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Yep.

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

The have exactly the same evil mindset as the Nazis: Kill everyone who doesn't believe like they do.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I love how succinctly you guys put it!

• Simon
    Simon

The have exactly the same evil mindset as the Nazis: Kill everyone who doesn't believe like they do.

To be fair, they are nowhere near as bad as the nazis. They believe people will be killed but that is very different to believing they have to be the ones to kill them. It's fairly standard christian beliefs.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The psychosis of fear is used in most religious cults as if you do not do this harm will come to you or something unpleasing as it were

or if you do do this harm will not come to you. ..... you will appease god and in kind he will do something great for you.

The WTS. has essentially been using fear mongering tactics for long time now, in that they propagate that if a person was to make it through

Armageddon they (only us) are the ones that will guide to do so.

From that sole directive they intensionally shape people to their design and liking most of which is to uphold a certain image for the WTS organization as

devoted followers as the organization's sales and marketing representatives toward the public.

The latest gimmick or tactic is for everyone to spread about JWorg. items and distribute them directing the public to go to JWorg.com

• rebel8
    rebel8

No. I've treated real ones. They enjoy being violent and cruel to others for its own sake, and have no remorse. They view other people, animals and things as existing for them to abuse and destroy for their amusement. Their bad behavior started and keeps happening because of something inside of them.

Sociopaths cannot be cured.

jws are brainwashed into being nonviolently cruel under specific circumstances because god will kill them if they don't. Their bad behavior started and keeps happening because of something external to them.

jws can be cured.

Granted, dubs take advantage of that, which is the opposite of prosocial behavior. But it's still different from those who have Antisocial Personality Disorder (also called psychopaths, sociopaths).

• Isle of Lewis
    Isle of Lewis

They seem to be closer to sociopaths.

While only a minority are true sociopaths, the submissive majority can go along with any abuse & any injustice without remorse or concern for the well being of another. They are trained to be sociopathic in their thinking & enjoy the role. A person who cares more about the "two-witness rule" than for an abused, molested child has no empathy or conscience. It is frightening when you see how empty they really are.

I would suggest reading 'The Sociopath Next Door' by Martha Stout. Very interesting discussion about how becoming submissive to the rules blocks your conscience.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Good points...perhaps I have indeed used an incorrect expression.

But, you get the idea I'm conveying though?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Sociopaths cannot be cured.

jws are brainwashed into being nonviolently cruel under specific circumstances because god will kill them if they don't. Their bad behavior started and keeps happening because of something external to them.

jws can be cured.

They seem to be closer to sociopaths.

My feeling is that they are not originally psychopaths, but after years of indoctrination, they become close to that.

Psychopaths and sociopaths seem to be used interchangably, but I would say, that by definition, a psychosis is developed by long-term JW's.

The sociopathy is part of the religion, i.e., the world is controlled by Satan and is conceptually evil; hence all the non-JW's are evil and infectious; to be avoided at all costs.

(Rebel8 - love your posts - but I cannot agree that JW's can be cured. [That was also the fantasy of The Governor and Hershel in Walking Dead])

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit