How did your family react when you made it known that you did not want to be a JW anymore?

by Yondaime 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sobeit
    Sobeit

Much the same as Blondie's. The lack of love, consideration, compassion, intolerance was the same after

we left as it was when were active in the organization; which was a contributing factor to our leaving.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

It was as one might expect - shocking and upsetting to everyone, but for me, it was also hilarious. I told my parents that I'm an atheist, and to confirm, they asked if I don't believe in Jehovah, Jesus, or Satan, to which I responded affirmatively. Then they asked "so all of them are fairy tales to you?" I answered yes. They then threw their hands in the air, and said "Satan has taken you", and then they were overcome by a confused frustration, saying "oh but Satan doesn't exist to you". I could see the cognitive dissonance causing a few sparks in their heads.

After they let the day's events simmer overnight, they made the decision to kick me out.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Shortly after I quit in 1983,

My mother and brother quit.

I think we each had our individual reasons.

But I was the first and then my mother and brother followed.

I quit but did not play by their rules, so I can still be talked to and associate.

My mother and brother announced in writing their decision and have been shunned since.

• mana11
    mana11

I had a great relationship with my father and mother growing up inside the truth.

When i got married, elders tried to subdue my strenght in the truth, i started to question events, and started to recall the greedy gossiping lairs and power hungry people that always tried to bring my family down.

It always bothered me why people in an organisation of love were jealous of my family and its spiritual strength.

I got a fantastic job that took me around the world to very remote places, and my wife became distant with long time spans between visits. We divorced....

After 40 years i have only this year told my parents the truth about the truth. It was a relief to me as it was bothering me greatly . . . But we are now no longer talking.

So I am SAD, I am feeling Lonely, my family which i talked to is now gone!. I have been told that if my parents die i should ot think of attendig the funeral.

Now i am not sure what to do, focus is on helping others to keep my mind from depression while i find another way to make some money. Maybe i should try to find a companion.

Currently LOSS is all i feel.... Loss of people that i Love

I feel NO regret for knowing the TATT, it has set me Free, but at a price.

SAD :(

• happy@last
    happy@last

Mana11, I am truly sorry that you are being shunned the way you are. You're not alone, my family too is shunning me as are many others here. You've followed your conscience and attempted to reach out with truthful words, it's such a shame our families don't see it.

Continue to live life to the full, enjoy precious moments when you can.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

Mana11 call steve hassan and make an appt with him. he will help you! you are not alone...we are all at various stages in this stupid game the witness cult gives.

it sucks a great deal...

GTTM

• erbie
    erbie

Like a swarm of very angry hornets.

• mikeypants
    mikeypants

I'll let you know in a few weeks...

• mana11
    mana11

TY for your thoughts,,, yes this thread helped me to realise others are in the same situation, it is why i shared also.

My feelings go out to all whom feel as i do, it sucks!...

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

they were fine there had been a lot of discussion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit