Your favourite dog breed ...?

by LoveUniHateExams 51 Replies latest social family

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Havanese!

a coat of silky hair so soft you will.not.believe.it...feels like a dream..., perfect personality, no shedding, run and bounce like Pepe le Pew so you'll always be cracking up at their cuteness, always want to snuggle, absolute love-bugs, smart...the perfect dog! (as long as you keep the hair cut as in the pic. long hair on a havi is a pain.)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I could dig up a picture if you want - if it's not too much trouble, that would be great, thanks.

Smaller animals were candy as far as they were concerned - I can well imagine it, my parents' husky is similar.

Thanks for the photos lisa, they're too cute!

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

My little girl is a shih tzu/poodle mix. She is all personality, loves to go for a ride in the car to do some errands and loves to go sailing and kayaking. She is really smart-- rings the bell to go out and clangs the ship's bell to come in. She is the only dog I have ever had that doesn't get all tangled up around trees or bushes and knows to look where you are pointing. Also, she will jump in the tub before the bath water is drawn when even she can't stand the way she smells. She is curly and soft, doesent shed and is a cuddle bug.

I grew up with shepards (Dad was a police officer with a K-9 partner), and I've had all sorts of rescue mixes, but I finally decided it was time to tranin my own dog from a puppy. If she was going to have issues, I would have no one to blame but myself. I used The Loved Puppy and The Loved Dog training methods. She is so well behaved that I can take her to the nursing home to visit my mom.

• kaik
    kaik

Sail Away, cute little dog, furry princess.

• Been_There_Done_That
  • Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Don't ask me to choose .I love em all!

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I had a miniature collie. It was an amazing dog.

• LV101
    LV101

LOVE love love all dogs and will get my next one from a shelter.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Portuguese Estrela Mountain Dog ["Serra da Estrela"]

I've had a few of them over the years. Love them to bits. They're fiercely loyal and loving towards their owners, very tolerant with children, great watchdogs, their size and deep bark are very intimidating. Not good to walk on a leach, as they are terribly stubborn and they'll take YOU on a walk instead. They need open spaces to be happy, but don't expect them to be playmates and do tricks for you. The long fur variety [shown here] requires some extra care. But they're sooo beautiful :)

• LV101
    LV101

EdenOne - Beautiful dog! Kinda reminds me of my St. Bernards (my all time favorite dogs) I've had in the past. Long fur but easy maintenance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit