local needs "are you spiritually grown up?"

by sylvlef 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sylvlef
    sylvlef

yesterday local needs was This theme. Are You spiritually grown up.

summary: If You are between 18-35 and not ms or Elder, you lazy idiot are like a child. At This age, especially if You grew up in "da trooooth" you have no issue with jw.org doctrine right (how do You know...?).so you should do more.more field circus, more raising hands and answering to meetings, and less amusement investing at work or party That goes to 1 am....you bastard can't you see That males in congo must have a tittle?

yep...touching, don't you think ;)?

• NAVYTOWN
    NAVYTOWN

JWs in general are about as 'spiritual' as my left shoe. They have no concept of REAL spirituality, they just think it is how many doors they knock on in a month. Being an MS or an Elder is just more unpaid drudgery that takes time away from being with family. That's the last thing most young JWs want, on top of the boring meetings and embarrassing door-knocking. And most Elders are about as obtuse and uneducated as the GB. No thanks! There are MUCH better ways to live a truly spiritual life than being a Witness.

• clarity
    clarity

NavyTown ......right on!

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Sylvief, when I left my mother said, the whole family is spiritually progressing and you're being left behind'!

Ha! I was studying for a degree. Nothing more spiritual than expanding your mind with knowledge.

JWs in general are about as 'spiritual' as my left shoe. - NAVYTOWN

Exactly! They have no interest in literature, they quote Paul blathering on about devotion to reading books being wearisome. It's alright to keep churning out their repetitive trash though isn't it?

No interest in fine art - all done by immoral people and homosexuals they say. Creativity for yourself is a waste of time, don't learn to paint or draw, better to wonder the streets waving leaflets about.

No interest in science. All scientists are evil having done nothing good for the world except to deceive us with evolution. Never mind that they would be dead without surgery, antibiotics and immunisation. Never mind indoor plumbing, central heating, electric light, TV, computers, phones, cars, fridges, microwaves, coffee makers, cookers.....................

No interest in travelling to see beautiful places, just think we can all see those countries in the new system. Bah! No interest in other cultures, new experiences. Typical of small minded people, who don't want to get to know anyone who isn't exactly like them.

They wouldn't know a spiritual experience if it bit them in the ass.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

My knowlege and spirituality took off when I started studying myself. Went from having one bible to 5 bibles and an app on my phone that as over 40 translations. I read and studied hours a night for over a year and the one thing I clearly learned is we are not to have titles..

• Zoos
    Zoos

The old elders are old and the young bloods aren't interested in replacing them. Insinuating that a lack of interest in climbing the ladder is an identifying mark of immaturity is a pathetic attempt to rustle someone's jimmies.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Spot on NavyTown, spirituality is very rare in the JWs, it has been organised out of them.

Drones doing their jobs, the thinking done for them, natural creativity & abilities repressed for the goals of the WBTS.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Zoos, in many cases there IS young blood eager to reach out, but the fault-finding & over-critical elders do not give them a chance. That was what happened in my case, and it had the reverse effect on me. Instead of striving to do more and "reach out", I was discouraged to the point that I began to despise "reaching out." I felt that it was as if the elders were dangling a carrot on the end of a stick in front of me & that I was the donkey wasting effort in trying to reach that carrot. That discouragement led me to discover TTATT & here I am!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Great comment Xanthippe!

And yes indeed Just Kidding....I agree wholeheartedly!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Just Kidding:

" Zoos, in many cases there IS young blood eager to reach out, but the fault-finding & over-critical elders do not give them a chance. That was what happened in my case, and it had the reverse effect on me. Instead of striving to do more and "reach out", I was discouraged to the point that I began to despise "reaching out." I felt that it was as if the elders were dangling a carrot on the end of a stick in front of me & that I was the donkey wasting effort in trying to reach that carrot. That discouragement led me to discover TTATT & here I am!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit