Official List of Helpers to the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses

by jwleaks 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Heaven
    Heaven
    <sarcasm> This isn't a male dominated religion. </sarcasm>
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

I've asked about the Helpers in previous posts. I left when the position was first created in the 90's, or at least I never heard of them until recently. I think they are the ones in line for future GB positions.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark
    Ralph Walls is also black.
  • dozy
    dozy
    Do these guys still regard themselves as the "Nethinim" and "Solomon's sons"? Or has that description been dropped with the culling of types & anti-types?
    *** w92 4/15 p. 16 par. 20 Jehovah’s Provision, the “Given Ones” ***All the non-Israelites who returned from exile in ancient Babylon parallel the other sheep who now serve with the remnant of spiritual Israel. What, though, of the fact that the Bible singles out the Nethinim and the sons of the servants of Solomon? In the pattern the Nethinim and the sons of the servants of Solomon were given privileges beyond those of other non-Israelite returnees. This could well foreshadow that God today has extended privileges and added duties to some mature and willing other sheep.
  • Giordano
    Giordano

Don Adams is on that list if it's the same guy he used to be the President of the Society.

"Adams became president of the Watch Tower Society after Governing Body member Milton G. Henschel stepped down from the position in 2000.

Adams' presidency is administrative, and he is not considered to have impacted the organization's ministry as have past Watch Tower Society presidents. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Alden_Adams

1. Aug 11, 2010 - Leon Weaver Jr. is the current president of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.
  • sir82
    sir82

AKA "the AAA farm team".

Want to know who will be on governing body 2.1 (or 3.0)? Pick a name, any name, from the Service department listed above - well, anyone who is under age 60 or so.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

That list is basically what were referred to as "heavyweights" at bethel. i guess they just have an additional title now.

geez. Don Adams is super old and I think Curzan is too. What the hell do they do. Also IIRC Wischuk rocks a bow tie every day. Never trust a guy with a bowtie. Perla is a weirdo too.

Also I'm pretty sure those dudes do not claim to be anointed (at least not right now) so they probably won't be on the GB.

• Magnum
    Magnum

dozy: Do these guys still regard themselves as the "Nethinim" and "Solomon's sons"? Or has that description been dropped?

I've been wondering about the "given ones". They haven't mentioned that in a while, have they? I remember studying the article(s) that introduced the concept. It seems that they have let that teaching die a quiet death. Does anybody know?

• Magnum
    Magnum

Barrold Bonds: Also I'm pretty sure those dudes do not claim to be anointed (at least not right now) so they probably won't be on the GB

I was thinking the same thing.

• blondie
    blondie
    The "helpers" do not have to be anointed. But many of the current GB were anointed before they became helpers and were called to Bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit