My dog just died.

by panhandlegirl 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• JeffT
    JeffT

I am sorry to hear this. Losing a dog can be rough, I've been through it a couple of times.

• LV101
    LV101

I'm sorry for your loss - a great loss, indeed. A dog loves unconditionally and is a loss so difficult to deal with. The pain lightens up but their memory is forever and that's a wonderful thing.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I am very sorry about the loss of your beloved poodle. The loss of a pet can be devastating, as anyone who has ever loved an animal knows.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am so sorry for your loss. While I don't equate the life of a pet to that of a human, I have had several "fur children" through the years, they become such a part of your life that losing them is very hard. I had a big husky mix girl that lived to age fourteen and a dainty tuxedo cat that died at seventeen, that's a lot of years shared, I felt the loss deeply, I held them both as they were euthanized.

My current cat is a dilute tortie named Lizzie. She makes me laugh out loud at least once a day, I don't know what I would do without her. This week I was missing a tube of cortisone cream, so I looked under the bed and found it, as well as two boxes of Kleenex that had also gone missing. I knew Lizzie did it because one of the boxes was shoved up in the box springs. Why Kleenex, and how she managed to get it up there I have no idea. She has been known to find things, but usually she brings her treasures to share/show off, obviously she was keeping these to herself, the little thief. I guess that also explains the missing box of cat nip.

• millie210
    millie210

Heres a big hug for you PanHandle girl. I lost one of the finest friends I ever had (my dog) a couple of weeks ago.

I know that bruised raw feeling that you are having.

Thank you for starting this thread because it is helping me too.

• millie210
    millie210

Heres a big hug for you PanHandle girl. I lost one of the finest friends I ever had (my dog) a couple of weeks ago.

I know that bruised raw feeling that you are having.

Thank you for starting this thread because it is helping me too.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Losing a beloved pet is terribly difficult. With time the stinging pain lessens but you don't forget. Love to you.

Marina

• kaik
    kaik

panhandlegirl, sorry for your loss. I totally relate to your feeling as I consider pets a part of my family. I had a kitty that died 18 years old and it was sad to see him go. I have him buried at my backyard and I still miss him. I wish have him back to play and hug. Last time before that I was so devastated was a death of my father, so for me a pet is my family member and I totally understand your sadness. Unfortunatelly my JW family does not understand why I was so upset with a death of my pet.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Sorry you lost your buddy too mille

• Shanagirl
    Shanagirl

panhandlegirl,

Having been an animal lover and especially my dogs, I know the grief you are feeling, because we have always had dogs and sadly lost those who lived out their lives over the years. Many people just don't get how painful it is when this great friend passes out of your life. I truly believe dogs have a spirit soul that moves on and stays with us for awhile before going on to another realm. Dog is spelled God Backwards, and I just feel True God knows the strong heart of our loyal loving dogs. Last year I lost my beloved Great Dane to a neurological disease which caused him great pain and loss of mobility. It still hurts to think about him. I used to volunteer for Mid Atlantic Great Dane Rescue League as a foster Mom for incoming orphans until they found their forever homes. I already had one and brought in others in foster until they were adopted. He came into foster as a 5 month puppy, and I had just started chemortherapy that week. He ended up being my therapy dog during chemo and radiation and we adopted him. Life without him now is hollow. I also have 3 pug dogs and Budgies. But it seems to me that it is the dog who is the one with a soul. We also had4 horses, and loved them dearly. To look into the eyes of your beloved horse is to see it's soul. Another painful experience is to have to lose your horse. Stay grounded and keep mementos around you of your beloved friend. It helps and keeps your good memories alive.

Shana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit