After Years of Silence My Father Reaches Out to Me

by truth_b_known 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Whatever happens, enjoy your time with your father in whatever way comes along.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It's good to see that in a number of cases family seem to be getting a little bit more normal.

I feel this in my own JW family recently, they seem to be prepared now to treat me and Mrs Phizzy as though we are just relatives who are not JW, and that suits us, we seem to have grown a little closer recently.

I think at some point it must dawn on a number that we ain't never going back, and if they don't wish to go through life without us, they have to draw closer to us.

It just shows that a kind of "reverse DFing" where we do not concede our position, where we hold to the high ground, actually works for us pesky 'postates, DFing rarely works against us, not in a way to get us going back.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

That's great news!

I know several older ones who are whispering about this old system still dragging on. Could be you're folks have some doubts too.

Doc

• Defianttruth
    Defianttruth

In recent months, my father has reached out to me. I am thinking of telling him we may have a relationship if we attend consulling together. I am sure he will say no, but atleast the ball will be in his court.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

That's wonderful.

My mom has recently has done quite a turn around as well, I sure hope it lasts.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

truth_b_known - "My parents were uber-dubs, but never worshipped the organization. It was always about Jehovah, Jesus, and the brothers. In other words; my parents are real christians."

Sounds like my late father.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yeah! Good for you. Enjoy whatever you get from him in the way of normalcy.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

One of the things that helped a friend wake up was after his wife committed adultery he wasn't regular at the meetings do to his emotional state. He realized the friends never came around to see what and how he was doing. Just an elder or two and one even asked what have you done, implying that he must of done something wrong. My friend realized he gave up his family for these people, he since has normal contact with all of his children and doesn't go to meetings anymore. So much love at the kh's NOT!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

How old is he? What does he need? Is he financially independent?

In my experience, JWs never do anything without an agenda.

• steve2
    steve2

I remember one of my grandparents back in the mid-1960s telling me that some of the brothers were losing faith because the end had not come. In retrospect, she did not criticize them - I got impression she shared that with me in a very rare moment of self-disclosure. That was just about 50 years ago - she was talking about the elderly ones who had spent their lifetimes in anticipation of the end. Very, very sad to think that several more generations have grown older and become disillusioned since then.God, if younger ones currently cannot see the disillusioned look in the eyes of their parents and grandparents.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit