I just had fun giving a talk!

by OneEyedJoe 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pants of Righteousness
    Pants of Righteousness

I had a bit of fun with some of my final 'talks'. In one I read the quote from the WT that said something to the effect that 'only JW's have a scriptual hope of surviving the end of the world'. A concerned sister asked me for the reference to the article afterwards.

• Balaamsass2
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

PoR - that's a good one. I've made it a goal to work some condemnation of the cult into every talk that I give from now on. It really helps me keep my sanity a little bit. Plus now I can honestly say that I have theocratic goals for the first time in my life!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I do the same Joe!

Its easy to raise a controversial topic. Just start by saying something like "critics of the bible often say...... How would we answer it?"

Or "if asked the following by a member of the community, what would you say? "

Then, DO NOT actually answer the question! Just say something like "so brothers and sisters, are we prepared for such topics? Perhaps we had better research these things now, before such questions are put to us"

That guarantees that many will then look into that topic you raised. (And hopefully then find TTATT) And if questioned by the elders for the content, just say something like "it has happened to me in the field..."

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Then, DO NOT actually answer the question! Just say something like "so brothers and sisters, are we prepared for such topics? Perhaps we had better research these things now, before such questions are put to us"

That's a good one...I'll have to keep that in my back pocket!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit