I just had fun giving a talk!

by OneEyedJoe 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

So, unfortunately, I'm still on the TMS and had a talk tonight (in front of a CO, no less) and the talk was on the subject of adultery. In the source material there's reference to "spiritual adultery" I.e. idolotry or when Israel had alliances with pagan nations. I took the opportunity to throw in a comment about how some religious organizations today even have close ties to the scarlet colored wild beast from revelation - the UN - and we would want to make sure that we are not sinning against god by being involved with such an organization.

I'm under no illusion that I might have affected anyone present, but it was really fun to stand up there condemning 60 people while they all sat there nodding their heads in agreement.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm under no illusion that I might have affected anyone present, but it was really fun to stand up there condemning 60 people while they all sat there nodding their heads in agreement.

Most of them don't know about the Watchtower riding the back of the wild beast for 9 years, and if they did they would say that the faithful slave knows what it is doing.

Clueless and asleep.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

You wicked apostate you.

• millie210
    millie210

Did the C.O. give you a look?

Or is he asleep about this too?

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I wish that I had learned TTATT before going out.

Good job.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

No noticeable reaction from the CO. Lots of compliments afterwards about how deeply I must've researched. Honestly, the compliments afterward kinda turned my stomach.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Nice job ;)

i once wrote a talk at my seat during the meeting cause I forgot about my talk

the SO commended me for all the preparation I had obviously done 😜

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Haha, yeah, I recently realized that how well i did was inversely proportional to the amount of preparation i put in. A mild buzz helps too. But I guess that probably has more to do with my aspergers than anything else.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

When I was about 11 I had one of the women's parts and was the JW in some scenario. The only thing I remember about it is that I started thinking that something we were saying was illogical and in considering the implications-totally zoned out. Sitting there in front of everyone.

I got it together and finished. Mom was pinching me during the service meeting every time I so much as shifted in the seat.

I wish I had been strategic enough to be subversive before I left, but I was only 15. Leaving was a big enough project at the time!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good job, Joe!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit