Michael Brown verdict discussion policy - take II

by Simon 95 Replies latest forum announcements

• Simon
    Simon

Lisa. You are right - we can't read your mind. All we can go off is what you chose to post and how that can be interpreted. We have to assume that in a short post when you chose to include their ages that you did that for a reason. I don't think that is unreasonable and really worth reacting over.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Thanks for your opinion.

There is hardly any info on this except the horrible crime and the ages of the killers.

What do I do for work? I work with 15 and 16 year old kids.

Think that might have had something to do with what as at the top of my mind?

I called them cold blooded killers. No excuses made.

If a person wants to engage me about my posts, I think the person should stick to what is in my post and not some imaginary version of me that lives in the person's head.

done. over and out.

• Simon
    Simon

What do I do for work? I work with 15 and 16 year old kids.

Think that might have had something to do with what as at the top of my mind?

So for someone reading who can't read your mind then including a comment would make it clearer. e.g.

"I work with kids the same age as them ... I can't imagine anyone of that age committingh such a horrendous crime"

All people see are the words we post. It's up to us to paint the picture we want with them.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

"I work with kids the same age as them ... I can't imagine anyone of that age committingh such a horrendous crime"

You have no reason to assume that other than that it fits with the imaginary me you have built in you mind.

I work in a continuation school with all kinds of kids. Some of them have committed pretty terrible violent crimes. Not many, but some.

I also study child psychology and juvenile delinquency and am quite familiar with horrible crimes commited by juveniles.

• Simon
    Simon

Lisa

I was giving you an example of how to communicate more clearly so people don't misinterpret what you are saying and you don't accuse them of being unable to read your mind.

The sentence was an example. That is why I put "e.g." (for 'example') and put it in quotes. It wasn't intended to be an actual statement that I am making or I think you are making.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I am sorry for misreading that.

I should have said, "A person would have no reason to assume something like that other than that it fits with the imaginary me that a person would have built in their mind."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit