Joined 11/29/2002

by lisavegas420 20 Replies latest jw friends

• phats
    phats

You're right Lisa, stop the rot! What your parents couldn't or wouldn't do can stop with you. Not perpetuating the situation on to the next generation is the key.

May Dad had major problems showing anything affectionate to anyone. My mum was a proper old stiff up a lip type so not much going on there ether.

When it came to my family I made sure I didn't pass it on to them. Took real effort but all well worth it.

It's the one thing I'm truly proud of doing because it took the greatest effort & yielded the best rewards.

Phats.

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Lisa,

thanks for sharing your experience. It's nice to hear that you don't have any regrets. Congrats on not letting your kids get stuck in this cult. It sounds like you have a great family.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Lisa,

Thanks for the update.

Yes, it does sound like you have a wonderful family relationship. I cannot fathom how people that claim to worship a God of love and to imitate Jesus can shun their child for so many years. Has the JW relative mentioned anything about this and how she/he feels?

If mom does look at your facebook account, I don't know that I could stop myself from mentioning something about this to others so that she might read it....Maybe it is vindictive on my part, but......

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

We started our journey at the JWN site about the same time. Congratulations on hitting a significant milestone.

• breakfast of champions
  • Phaedra
    Phaedra

Congrats, Lisa.

I've been around a lot longer than my current avatar notes, so can relate.

I always read your user name as "Lisa saves gas 420." Isn't that funny? :)

Phae

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

This is a current picture of my husband and myself.

Thank you all for your comments.
    I will never stop speaking out against the Watchtower.
    I will never turn my back on my children or grandchildren.

Lisa

• cantleave
    cantleave

So you are THE Mrs Xmas.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'd take that photo and make it my FB profile picture, just to piss off my "former" family. Cause I tell you, any parents that would treat me the way your parents have treated you, sure as h*ll wouldn't be called "family" to me. They would be called "crazy cruel cultists" that I would never want to see again.

Instead of weeping for what could of been, you should pat yourself on the back for getting your family away from such toxic individuals....because that's exactly what they are - TOXIC.

Dad's in the hospital? He's had a stroke? They are all sad and regretful? Well now, I guess they've reaped what they've sewn. Let the fine loving Congregation full of their "spiritual brothers and sisters" come visit them in the nursing home and wipe their azzes. Ha! (like that's ever going to happen!) After all, that's what the WT has continually piped into their brains, that YOU are DEAD, and that the Congregation is their family, right?

I feel for you and your situation, but not for the people who have inflicted so much pain upon you. Concentrate on your current family who actually treat you as such, and forget about the people who tossed you out like trash over 25 years ago.

- Wing Commander

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Thank you Wing Commander.
    Your post made me laugh.

My REAL family ie: my husband, children and grandchildren are awesome.

This past week, my oldest granddaughter, the senior that has already been accepted into the college of her choice and given a substantial acdemic scholarship. Also, she played a leading role in the musical BahHum Bug. Then she sang the National Anthem at the school basketball game. Last night we was asked to sing at the lighting of the Christmas tree in our little town.

Life is good outside the Tower.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit