Science Stoppers

by Coded Logic 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• prologos
    prologos

cofty;- thank you for the link, the fast talk. The "void" of nothing is not a science stopper, because it must contain time (sequences can develop), potential energy, the potential for laws.

why let the potential stop there?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Science will never stop. As we develop instruments that enhance our senses more of the unknowable will become known. I can guarantee however that no instrument will discover god, invisible pink unicorns or even the existence of the flying spaghetti monster.

• prologos
    prologos

cantleave, on various threads on related subjects it was been suggested, that if science can not find god, at least it has already found his balls, his lost marbles. blue or in other flavours.

• prologos
    prologos

The universe contains many balls from water drops to stars.meatballs of spagetty monsters are a parody of the great stuff that makes us possiblr.

Science is on a roll.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have to be careful when you put hypothesis into words.

L. Krauss said "Nothing is a physical concept because it it the absense of something and something is a physical concept." I could easily use his own word logic and say "NO, by your own words, nothing is the absence of 'a physical concept' because it is the absence of 'something.'"

I follow these things as best I can and I like Krauss and read his book about "nothing." He does an excellent job of taking us down the logic path- "Where did the empty space come from?" But for the average layman and fundamentalist, all I can really say is that we are here and we know it so there was a first cause somewhere somehow. And if you say what is here must have been created, then fine. We have not seen a creator prove that it even exists, and if we did, then the creator must have been created. If you want to call the first cause GOD, okay then. But to jump from first cause to the God of Abraham, you will have to produce evidence.

• prologos
    prologos

Why does the creator have to be a creature?

Look at infinity, a math concept. It is hated. but

once you are outside the realm of cause & effect, sequencing, not moving through time at your own, very personal pace (as the equations of relativities demand), the buck stops there.

be lazy, put the 8 on it's side.

• steve2
    steve2

Prologos has an unparalleled gift for derailing an otherwise helpful discussion on this topic and dominating it. We ought to acknowledge Prologos has a right to express his views; that said, he shows a remarkable absence of awareness that he has made his point well and is now breezily veering towards being simply tiresome.

I expect there will now be even more froth in the next latte. Oh well...

• prologos
    prologos

Steve, I will listen, I just have to vent after brooding, so ignore me if you should. I just had not heard anywhere: "The creator should not be considered a creayure, or a tinkerer"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit