by RedPillPopper 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

Thought of another one, Daniel

Dan 4:9 “‘O Bel·te·shaz′zar the chief of the magic-practicing priests"

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Awesome post "onTheWayOut"!

Very, Very good observations and comments.

Now, if ANYONE still thinks that the Bible is from a Loving and Fair God after reading those sections, then perhaps they need to reconsider their definition of what "Loving" is!! 

• millie210
    millie210
    wow OnTheWayOut, that was incredible! 
  • MissFit
    MissFit

Stuckinarut 2:  personally some of those examples: David, Peter, used to comfort me and make me view god as loving & forgiving.

When I would get to feeling bad about my short comings, and i would think about David and how God forgave him because he knew his heart.  I would say to myself: at least I didnt kill anyone.

So I don't know if considering those examples actually call Gods love into question but maybe highlights his mercy.

These examples might make a great argument against shunning and for  being more merciful.

OTWO: Re:Moses... now THAT example

did make me question God's love and fairness.  I always felt it was unfair for Moses not to get into the promised land after everything he had to put up with.

All the comfort I got from David was wiped away by Moses. Lol. 

It makes sense now that I have realised these are just stories.

PS.  Add Jonah to the list.   Even after he got swallowed and spit out, he acted like a baby and sulked because the Ninivites werent destroyed. 

Miss.Fit

• Witness 007
    Witness 007
    Gee good list...God socks.   Yet if I put $10 bet on a horse I'm worthy of death?
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I for one refuse to judge poor Bathsheba, what choice would a girl have had back then, if the King wanted a booty call!

After all, "it's good to be King", and besides, her poor baby died for that SOB David.

And who could forget Rahab the Ho.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

OnTheWayOut

Great post! 

• Magnum
    Magnum
    edit: first of accidental double post
  • Magnum
    Magnum

freemindfade, I agree with you about OnTheWayOut's post. It was enlightening and I made notes.

I always wondered about the Moses situation, but never compared his situation to that of Aaron. It doesn't make sense. Some might say that we don't know the whole story, that there are details that are left. My answer to that is that we can only know the story we are given and that our feelings are justified and they are the correct ones for that story . If it's the Word of God, it should give us the "story" and the details necessary to lead us to the right conclusion.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    WTS likes the Moses example.  Don't let your guard down for a moment, don't stop to examine what you are told as you might fail once and lose everything.  The Aaron example works well for how they give elders a double standard.  Do good before and after your slight transgression and that is proof that Jehovah wants you to continue serving as an elder.   

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit