Lies in the Dateline Show

by TheMatrix 65 Replies latest social current

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I wouldn't call Matrix a "liar or a troll", but I think he certainly has been hasty in his assumptions. He has basically addressed the 3 main aspects of the show that most elders would have picked up on and discounted and untrue.

As to Erica's being threatened with disfellowshipping for going to the police, this probably would not happen in a majority of halls, but I believe it is entirely likely and see no reason to not believe her. If nearly an entire congregation is willing to show up in court to defend a molester against someone seeking justice for a crime, I would find it believable especially in that sort of environment.

Skepticism about Barb's position is also a natural reaction given the male-dominated structure of this organization. The fact is there are sister's in positions where they can access this sort of information. Many who were at Bethel have already confirmed this and many knew Barb well. I believe there is an entire thread by "Kismet" that addressed this subject.

The comments regarding the "Pedophile Paradise" were Bill's thoughts. These comments didn't sit well with me and probably go contrary to the feelings of most active Witnesses. While I personally don't share that same opinion, it would encourage a more *colourful* reaction from the public.

All in all I think the show was very well done. I didn't catch any lies and only a few exaggerations which is generally rare when the media has anything to do with Jehovah's Witnesses. I hope these "lies" have been cleared up for you.

Path

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Have you ever noticed that JW apologists never present any facts. They never offer anything solid, or valid.

Just the same old "we're right" crap.

I should know. I am still a JW, and I at least have a position in the congo, unlike these squirrelly defenders of their GB gods.

JW apologist quote: one size fits all.

"We are right, 'cause we are righteous... and I know we are righteous 'cause we are right. As far as being right is concerned, we just are... 'cause we are righteous... and I know we are righteous 'cause we are right. Now, to the matter of who is right and who is wrong. We are right and you are wrong. Now, we know that we are right 'cause we are 'cause we are righteous... and I know we are righteous 'cause we are right. As far as being right is concerned, we just are... 'cause we are righteous... and I know we are righteous 'cause we are right.
  • Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think the feedback from active JWs is valuable. This person's reaction is not far-fetched from what the average reaction would have been. Even very open minded elders might have had the same reactions.

I would go a little easier on the guy and give him a chance to re-evaluate his initial reactions. Lots of people have visited here with guns blazing and have come around.

I'm sure you didn't get to be an elder or whatever "position" you hold by breaking with party lines or not having the attitude at one time that you accuse this person of.

I guess you could be in the organization still because of family. But nothing prevents you from giving up your position, which you seem to think makes you better than the other apologists. Such a shame you will have to go out in the ministry and talk about stuff you don't believe and take the heat for crap you don't believe. I feel bad for you.

Path

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Path,

No need to feel bad for bx. He has just "awakened" his wife and a whole lot of other folks over the last couple of years.

He's got a couple more to go and that should be it. I am very proud of what he has accomplished and to know him personally.

hawk

• detective
    detective

Welcome Retcon!! Taking a stroll out of jwzone for the ex-jwzone, eh?
    Glad to see you here!

• ronin1
    ronin1

THIS IS RONIN1 TO THEMATRIX:

I DO NOT KNOW HOW LONG YOU HAVE BEEN A JW OR HOW MUCH YOU REALLY KNOW ABOUT THE WT ORGANIZATION. BUT YOUR COMMENTS INDICATE THAT YOU KNOW VERY LITTLE WHEN IT COMES TO THE POLITICS OF HOW THINGS ARE HANDLED AND RUN WITHIN THE WATCHTOWER AND AT BROOKLN BETHEL.

NO ONE LIED ON THE DATELINE SHOW AND YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE YOUR BLINDERS OFF YOUR SPIRITUAL AND PHYSICAL EYES AND SEE THE TRUTH ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS:

A CORRUPT, POLITICAL, MONEY GRABBING/MONEY FLEECING COMPANY.

I HAVE PERSONALLY MET WITH THE GREAT J.R. BROWN, DONALD PIVEY, AND I HAVE PERSONALLY SPOKE WITH T. JARAZ. THEY ARE ALL HIPOCRITS AND CARE ONLY ABOUT THEIR PERSONAL AND FINANCIAL SURVIVAL.

WAKE UP!

RONIN1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit