Lies in the Dateline Show

by TheMatrix 65 Replies latest social current

• TheMatrix
    TheMatrix

First Lie: Erica

I don’t believe Erica lied about her abuse. Obviously it must be true, even Mr. Beliz confessed that he touched her inappropriately. Erica is a victim and justice, in a small way, was served when Mr. Beliz was sentenced to 11 ½ years of jail time. Why do I say that justice was served in a small way? Because Erica still has to live with the fact that she was abused. Those awful memories are still within her.

I feel very bad for her and what she went through, but it does not excuse what I believe was a lie on her part.

She said that when she informed an elder that she was going to the police that he said, “You better not, or else”. Now I’ve known many uneducated and unqualified elders in my life, but I still believe this was a product of Erica’s imagination. Do I believe he discouraged her from going to the police? Yes I believe he did, since the matter was being handled judicially in Mr. Beliz’s congregation. But did he threaten Erica by saying “or else”? Even the interviewer asked “or else what?”. And the interviewer put the words in Erica’s mouth by saying “or else what? You would get disfellowshipped?”

Now come on, you don’t just get disfellowshipped at the snap of a finger. There has to be an investigation, a judicial committee, and three elders deliberate during that committee, it’s not just the decision of one elder as Erica wants us to believe.

Second lie: Ms. Anderson

In the show, Ms. Anderson says that she was a researcher for the Society and that she was assigned the duty of investigating how many cases of child abuse there are and that she went through confidential files. I ask, how many sisters do you know that are allowed to go through confidential papers in the congregation. This does not happen in Bethel. In fact not even a regular elder that is a Bethelite would be allowed into those confidential files. Only Bethel Elders are allowed into the files. So either Ms. Anderson is lying or she went snooping around into the files and stole some of the information. Either way, it discredits Ms. Anderson and shows that she is a liar.

Third lie: Mr. Bowens

Mr. Bowens tells the reporter that the Organization is a “Pedophile Paradise”, even the reporter questions this by saying “Oh come on, a paradise?”. Mr. Bowens answers, and here is the key, he says “In my heart I believe that it is a Pedophile Paradise”. So there we have it, there is no proof, it is only in his heart that he believes this absurdity.

The truth is that sins such child abuse are handled theocratically and judicial committees handle the matter. The person can be disfellowshipped and the congregation is protected. Jehovah’s Witnesses follow the law and if the law says turn the abuser in, they do just that. There is no problem there. The problem is with the states that do not require that the abuser should be turned in. But that’s the states’ problem, not the Witnessses. If you want the Witnesses to report these cases in all 50 states of the United States, then start a petition in those states to make it a law to report all cases of child abuse.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are guided by Jehovah and his law and that’s the end of it.

You might get mad at my words here, but I’m just calling it as it is.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I will start by defending Barbara Anderson. I know Barbara, and she was exactly what she says she was. She worked closely with GB members, in the research department. She had research assignments, and even wrote Awake articles. She and her husband were at Bethel for many years, and her job was an important one. The WTS DOES know how to use the talent it possesses. They found out early on, that Barbara was a talented writer, and shouldn't be working in housecleaning or the laundry, where they usually put the women.

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• Francois
    Francois

Au contraire! You're calling it as you WISH it was. You make many assumptions and then call them truth.

To quote Jack Nicholson, "You can't handle the truth."

Francois

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

Matrix,

Three points:

(i) The WTBTS is a bureacracy and Barbara Anderson was assigned to do exactly as she states.

(ii) You said: "Jehovah’s Witnesses are guided by Jehovah and his law and that’s the end of it."

Kindly provide some actual evidence for this. Also, do you mean the Mosaic law, fo rthat was abolished and yet the WTBTS still follows it when it suits them.

(iii) Do you believe that the organization is perfect?

Lionel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

The Matrix,

First of all...

Even the interviewer asked “or else what?”. And the interviewer put the words in Erica’s mouth by saying “or else what? You would get disfellowshipped?”
    If you taped the show, watch it again. Because the interviewer never put the words into her mouth. Here is the EXACT wording:

Erica: So I called my elders and I said, `Look, I'm taking it to the police.'

LARSON: What did they say?

Erica: `Don't. Or else.'

LARSON: Or else what?

Erica: That's what I said. I said, `Or else what?' And he said, `Just don't.' I said, `What? I'll be disfellowshipped if I take it to the police? Is that what's going to happen to me?' And he said, `Yes. You will be disfellowshipped.' And I was just, like, `What? You're going to disfellowship me for being raped, yet they guy who raped me is still a Jehovah's Witness?' And they said, `Don't. Don't take it to the police. You will be condemned by God.'

Get your facts straight before you start posting crap like you did above.

Andi

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

TheMatrix said:

:: Third lie: Mr. Bowens

Mr. Bowens tells the reporter that the Organization is a “Pedophile Paradise”, even the reporter questions this by saying “Oh come on, a paradise?”. Mr. Bowens answers, and here is the key, he says “In my heart I believe that it is a Pedophile Paradise”. So there we have it, there is no proof, it is only in his heart that he believes this absurdity.

The next time a news magazine airs a story, you might want to pay more attention. Mr. BOWEN said that he belived in his heart that it was a pedo paradise, and we heard no further comment from him in this regard because THE REST OF THE SHOW GAVE THE EVIDENCE OF WHY HE CONSIDERS IT TO BE A PEDOPHILE PARADISE.

Jeez! Do you people not pay attention in school? Should they have given you a magazine and made you underline the !@#$ answers before you could get it?

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

Hey,

Just because no innocent child has been raped and molested in your family DOESN'T mean it hasn't happened to 1,000's of JW's Children.

One of the only reasons I believe Dateline if because this ATROCITY happened in our family in 94.

No elder has come to my home with their "wicked" version as to why Dateline was wrong. They don't have face to come to any of our families homes.

They are probably shaking inside that we will follow in Erica's footsteps. They know they Society will not help them financially to fight us in court. So they are keeping away.

HOw would they like us to Subpoena the 5 elders who DF my stepfather? How would they like us to suppoena my uncle & brother, who are FULLY aware of everything that happened. They are elders in good standing as I type who where in the same congregation when my stepfather got DF but didn't participate in the judicial proceedings because they are family??

Do you want their telephone numbers? Do want my sisters telephone number? Do you want my mother's telphone number who divorced my stepfather for abusig his OWN daughter?

Do you want the local Police Department's telephone number because as I type my stepfather is being investigated for abusing a 13 year old GIRL in his NEW home town.

All of this could've been avoided if the WTS would have let us gone to the authorities?

How can anyone in the WTS sleep at night or claim to have a clean conscience?

Hello?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Matrix makes a total fool of itself:

: So there we have it, there is no proof, it is only in his heart that he believes this absurdity.

That is EXACTLY what your whole post is, dipshit: you "feel" or "think" Erica, Barb and Bill we lying. You presented no evidence. I also know Barb and know for a fact that as the society's lead researcher she had acceess to the records the society kept on molestation cases. In face she was assigned to work on that issue.

You sir, are a clueless idiot running off at the mouth with nothing but accusations and gut-feelings you can't prove.

Farkel

• Grunt
    Grunt

So glad you are here, Matrix!
    Sadly you have brought some of your baggage with you. First, you don't deal with what you KNOW was true, that a pervert, child-molester was still going door-to-door trying to convince people to give up Christ as their mediator and stop celebrating birthdays and such, while he was screwing little girls about the age of four and on up? Didn't THAT PART upset you, or is it just the idea of a woman doing an important job that bothers you? Things change. A few years back Junior Brown wouldn't have had the job he does now would he? A few years back having an organ transplant was cannabalism, now it is just fine. A few years back they would have sent you to a hole like Atmore State Prison in Alabama rather than let you do alternative service. The Watchtower Society has demonstrated in the past that they can learn, they are TRAINABLE. They just need a good shock or kick in the head to do it. They did it over 1975, backed up admitted they were wrong and apologized, once they saw the money flowing out the door. They did it over the taxation. They WILL change over this. Watch. Perverts will be prevented from going door to door, SOON, and it will be made public that changes have occured.
    Now, back to you. Try considering the important stuff ok? When a child gets raped, show a little compassion. When your Brooklyn Gods make a mistake and it is caught on audio and video tape, face it and try to be honest, ok?

As for this:

"The problem is with the states that do not require that the abuser should be turned in. But that’s the states’ problem, not the Witnessses. If you want the Witnesses to report these cases in all 50 states of the United States, then start a petition in those states to make it a law to report all cases of child abuse."

Forgive the verbal abuse but ******* (forgive me I called you a dumbass there, but I quickly erased it), can't you see it contradicts THIS:

Jehovah’s Witnesses are guided by Jehovah and his law and that’s the end of it.

Next time spread your lies and contradictions a little further apart. Hey, don't leave though. This is the only place you can get the help you need. And don't tell anybody you come here either. I wouldn't want some kangeroo court trumping up charges against you like they did poor Barbara and the children. It can just be our little secret, Ok? Jehovah won't know. I mean, The Organization will never find out.

• Cappuccino OC
    Cappuccino OC

By the way Matrix,

I'm sorry that you are totally blind & brainwashed.

Just don't say that you weren't notified when it happens to one of your family members or to a close friend.

If you are so sure of the WTS what are you doing here??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit