Your favourite WTS publication?

by LoveUniHateExams 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I realise that starting this thread may make me as popular as a ginger stepchild but was there any WTS publication that you liked, or at least comfortably tolerated?

My memory may be deceiving me but I think the Greatest Man book was pretty good, leaving out the gruesome detail of the crucifixtion and WTS doctrine.

Also, can anyone tell me the list of books that Ray Franz authored/co-authored?

Thanks

• inbetween
    inbetween

commentary on James, quite good verse by verse explanation, hardly any stupid rules and only little weird doctrine stuff...

• Honesty
    Honesty

All of the pre-1995 Awake! magazines.

I still like reading the masthead on page 4 that says " Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away." and then comparing it with the November 8th 1995 Awake! masthead which says, " Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things.

I show it to the Jehovah's Witnesses when they come by just to watch them get that 'deer in the headlights' look on their faces as they scurry away like rats.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well I sat and thought about that for a bit, and i cant say that anything they print was enjoyable for me prsonally.when i was younger

I would read the awake articles about animals or something generic, but nothing else. when i was i my 40s i read everything, study everything

and gee

here I am.....

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

The songbooks. Not all the songs, but there were several songs from the purple songbook and the later brown one that I liked to play on the organ.

• Pterist
    Pterist

The James book was apparently authored by Ray Franz and Ed Dunlop that were also the main contributers to the "aid to bible understanding" big blue book, which was my favorite.

Unfortunately after the witch hunt in bethel that kicked Ray, Ed,,their wives and many others out on the streets of NY, for private bible study groups in bethel, the cult mentality of blind obedience prevailed. The WBTS are in apostasy !

• sparky1
    sparky1

My all time favorite! When I was a little boy this was my version of 'My Book of Bible Stories'.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Favorites:

Commentary on The Letter of James

Aid To Bible Understanding

Insight On The Scriptures

God's Kingdom of A Thousand Years (a thick yellow one from the 70s)

Your Will Be Done (a green book from the 1950s/60s about Daniel, with a lot of Kings of the N/S)

Least Favorite:

Revelation - It's Grand Climax Is At Hand

Proclaimers Of God's Kingdom

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I enjoyed the Greatest Man book and the Revelation book. Hey, I was a kid when it came out, cut me some slack. I liked the vivid paintings and I liked the way they included each verse in boldface in the paragraph that discussed it. It was an appealing layout.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Your favourite WTS publication?

This is like asking, "What was your favorite surgery?" LOL.

My favorite is the Revelation Climax book because everything it said came true and it is Biblically accurate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit