DATELINE: BLACK ART OF PROPAGANDA

by You Know 165 Replies latest social current

• mindfield
    mindfield

What you don't seem to grasp, YK, is that the pedophilia problem is more important than a mere positive image that you so desperately cling to. What is more important to you? Sending a good image to the public, or exposing the corrupt org's (as you said so yourself) problem (s) (as you said so yourself)? Which, indeed, do you find more important? Changing the policy that allows rapists to walk freely, or have a picture-perfect image of the WT? I pray that you answer this one correctly, YK.

Whether the image Dateline projected of the WT was positive or not is completely irrelevant. In this situation, the question to be answered is : Does the ends justify the means? Is it worth it to smear the WT's image in order to change their disgusting policy? Is it worth it to have less converts in order to expose the molesters for who they are?

Before you point the obvious fact that I couldn't care less that Dateline smeared the Wt's image, I strongly suggest you analyze your priorities.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

You Know,

***I didn't imply at all that there wasn't a problem. I have discussed this issue on this board before. So, you should know that I have not denied that there is a problem***

You have in fact admitted that the WTBS is deficient in several areas. What chaffs my hide Robert, is this wishy washy 'its God's organization' BUT, BUTT, BUTTTT you so insidiously persue.

Poster's for year's have tried to get across this hypocritical stance.

I remember drumming the message about 'fence sitting' using every scripture possible, to prove that unequivocle obedience to God's org and representitive GB, as an absolute requirement of all jws.

You on the other hand find it convenient to alter beliefs, scriptures, interpretations, to suit your annointed ego. To me this smacks of the highest arrogance and pride.

Then after brashly vocalizing your insights into scripture, you turn around and sound like the most devoted, loyal, watchtower drone around.

It is silly and pathetic Robert. You fellow jw's hardly if ever come to your defense. They know you are just as apostate, as any poster on this board.

Otherwise your a bright guy, its obvious. Just to much holy talk, to much annointed oil, flowing around your brain cells. Drugs and liquor can sometimes have that effect.

Hope you wake up to your own internalized deceptions Robert. There is hope You KNow.

Danny

• larc
    larc

You Know,

You have stated several times that there are problems in the organization, and Jehovah will cleanse it. Perhaps, Jehovah has directed his spirit on the people you call apostate to begin this cleansing.

You say that the program did not bother you. I think it bothered you a lot. I think you became very emotional when you viewed it. You became emotional because you live in the rarified world of ideas, and when you see real human suffering it is very hard for you to handle.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

If Jehovah's Witnesses were honest appraisers of the Bible, they wouldn't make the dunderheaded interpretations they make. The Bible clearly shows God loathes religious organizations. That includes the Watchtower Society.

Um, how many times did he destroy his organization?

• AlanF
    AlanF

You're absolutely right, Danny -- They Know. And they know that we know that They Know. That's what's so sad.

The Watchtower Society does not consider the Dateline program as a problem. It simply did not hit hard enough, even though the executives in charge had more than enough ammunition. Obviously they took the safe and easy road. Sadly, this will allow Watchtower to continue its poor policies and even to take a harder line and regress. This will allow JWs like You Know to justify their telling themselves that They Don't Know. It's all so Orwellian. Nevertheless, the dam has sprung a leak and there will be enough backlash from non-JWs and former JWs that the Society will get its comeuppance. And not in the way that You Know thinks. It will be far more mundane.

AlanF

• Flip
    Flip
    All I can say is that I am a zealot for Jehovah and that his word burns in me like a fire sometimes... / You Know

[bolding mine]

During those admittedly intermittent occasions, may I suggest...

• You Know
    You Know

AF's comments basically verify the point of my post regarding the fact that apostate JW's, who have absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Silent Lambs, are involved behind the scenes with Dateline producers, further exploiting the victims of sexual abuse in order to further their own personal anti-Watchtower agendas. / You Know

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

Why is it You Know has no position in the congregation?

Because he is judged by his fellow brothers and sisters as unstable as he is here?

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

You Know:

I just want you to know that I was going to rebut your previous comments to AlanF, but I hate to say I just don't give a rat's butt about it. I got halfway through the post before realizing it too.

• You Know
    You Know

Dude asks:

Why is it You Know has no position in the congregation?

Why should my personal affairs be any of your business? / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit