When Was Jerusalem Destroyed By The Babylonians?

by Smart 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I believe that at one time (up to the early 20th century?), 607 was the date used by many historians.

Never for Jerusalem's destruction. Any historians using 607/606 considered it to be the beginning of Nebuchadnezzar's reign. It's now established to be 605/604 (accession year/1st year).

• XkhanX
    XkhanX

I did some research on the date of Jerusalem Destruction during my awakening process. I wonder why does WT teaches 607 BC while all other sources states differently. There is absolutely no support to believe this date. 607 BC is plain wrong and if you research further, CT Russell took this date from Adventist teaching. Error passes on from one to another. Click link below to see what major encyclopaedias says about this momentous event.

http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/faqs/was-jerusalem-destroyed-in-607/

607 BC teaching is important to calculate 1914 as date of Christ’s return teaching. If 607BC is not the date of Jerusalem Destruction, then 1914 is not the date of Christ return. As I mention prior, last days had actually began much earlier (Acts 2:17). It begins when Jehovah pours out his Spirit at Pentecost, 33CE. The scripture is that simple and clear in its teaching. Don’t be fool by complex calculation methodology that was inherited from the Adventist religion.Search the name “Barbour”.
    Below is the time ruler that I formulate while during one of my Bible Study session in Oct 2013. Upon close examination, I know that something is seriously wrong with the Watchtower teaching.

TIME BAR

Something that I learn recently is about 1914. This doctrine was slowly adopted in the 1930s after death of Rutherford. Previously, CT Russell and Rutherford believes and taught that 1874 is the year of Christ return and 1914 is the year of End of the Gentiles times and Armageddon. Do some research on Watchtower history, brothers. Be like the Boreans and you will learn that WT is not directed by the Holy Spirit, not now, not ever in past history.

The original society’s books are available in actual scanned docs. Research it. These quotes are not fake!

“Our Lord, the appointed King, is now present since October 1874, A.D., according to the testimony of the prophets, to those who have ears to hear it: and the formal inauguration of his kingly office dates from April 1878, A.D.” Studies in Scriptures Series IV (1897) p.621

“The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.” Prophecy (1929) p.65

“From 1874 onward is the time of the Lord’s second presence, as above stated his circumstantial evidence fulfilling prophecy is what constitutes the physical facts, and is proof corroborative of the Lord’s presence since 1874. … His presence beginning in 1874, he has carried on his harvest work from 1874 forward” Our Lord’s Return (1929) pp.27, 33, 37
    “HARVEST” is a term which gives a general idea as to what work should be expected to transpire between the dates 1874 and 1914.” Studies In the Scriptures – Thy Kingdom Come p.135

In 1914, the Bible Students are totally clueless of Christ return!

You may quote Acts 1:6 to justify that Jesus’s apostles has wrong expectation. Read the verse!
    The apostles merely ask Jesus in private if he is restoring the Kingdom to Israel at that time.
    That is a vast contrast of one who publicly preach and broadcast their “wrong expectation” via countless speeches and millions of printed pages. If this is not deception, what is?

• Smart
    Smart

I am going to be brave and present this year count of kings to the elders tomorrow. It's pretty straight forward i can see now. What will they likely say if i clearly show them this is correct?

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'd thought they were sidling away from 1914 being significant. Wasn't there "new light" about 1914 sometime this summer? (or was it last? Time flies when you DGAF.)

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

SMART all they're going to ask you is if you believe this is God's organization and the governing body are his sole channel of communication. You are wasting your time. Read the hundreds of stories on here of people doing similar things. I don't recall one single instance that the elders agreed and left themselves. You will end up df'd like almost everyone else.

• wisdomfrombelow
    wisdomfrombelow

I am going to be brave and present this year count of kings to the elders tomorrow.

You are not going to be brave. As stated before you will be showing the truth to someone who wants to believe a lie and what happens to those who cast their pearls before swine? The elders main job is to support the Society and enforce its rules/decisions/discipline. Your action will not be appreciated by those whose minds are already closed.

• Smart
    Smart

Okay I dont know what to do now. Maybe I can get them to think for themselves at least.

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2

I don't want to appear rude as I am really trying to look out for your best interest. What part of you're wasting your time are you not getting? This is only going to end up badly for you.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

What will they likely say if i clearly show them this is correct?

They may ask how you came by the information or why you thought to research it. (If they suspect you were prompted by reading 'apostate' sources, their minds will automatically shut down and no reasoned discussion will be possible.)

They may say that the publications say 'it is thought' the kings reigned those lengths of time but it is not proven, and they may direct you to the two 2011 WT articles on Jerusalem's destruction (October and November issues) that suggest 20 years are missing from the conventional time line. (In which case you can bat the ball back in their court and ask that they provide solid evidence for those missing years.)

They may ask you the 'loyalty question' - do you believe this is God's Organization/the GB is the chosen 'faithful and discreet slave' class? (If you say 'no,' you're done for! Evade or affirm or change the subject or act offended that they should even call into question your loyalty when all you are doing is trying to find out the truth of the matter.)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Smart I have found on this subject and others that the organization lies in thier books, in one book on this subject theyadd twenty years to nNebuchadnezzar reign to try to hide the fact that their wrong. Don't waste time talking to elders they always have their guard up. Just fade away from the org and move on with your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit