God's Spirit

by Hold Me-Thrill Me 73 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

A Christmas wine hamper?

• millie210
    millie210

Well Hold Me -Thrill Me,

These type of threads usually disintegrate in to " I know the only correct thinking on this" threads

Before too many of the God/no God preachers show up I will comment since I dont like wading through the fray later...

I think overly simplified, it comes down to the word energy.

How energy is applied, who applies it and where (or when).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    Joke-hova's spirit is the misguidance intended to enslave the whole human race. If you are influenced by this butt-holy spirit, you are being led to your own damnation.
  • oppostate
    oppostate

If all that atheists can add to the discussion is put downs and ad hominem jabbing insults then it doesn't bode well for defending their ideas.

This forum would be a much more helpful place for folks seeking a way out of the clutches of the WT if instead of ridiculing each other we concentrated on exposing the abuses of confidence and human rights the JW Organization inflicts on people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What is God's spirit?

Human imagination originated in human ignorance.

Advocating some good toward humanity as well regressively bad

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I'm not getting involved in this one!
  • Viviane
    Viviane
    God's spirit is the power that drives every living cell.

What you've asked is what God's spirit is. What you've told us is what you believe it does. That would be like asking "What is a whiffydaglejam? It is what rolls downhill." Your answer, much like mine, hasn't told us anything. What is it? Well, what is it made of? How does it do the things you claim? How can we know that?

Also, if that is true, then you are giving god credit for every form of cancer, MRSA and the black death. If god's spirit is what keeps cells alive, then the corollary to that is lack of that spirit is what kills them. Everything that has ever died is now the fault of God in your answer.

an angel
    * God's dynamic power
    * God's mind
    * God the Father Himself
    * Jesus
    * A mysterious Third Divine Personage
    * A holy attitude

You've not told us what god is, how a spirit can have a mind (indeed, what is spirit?), what this power is, what angels are, etc. You're simply replacing unexplained terms with other unexplained terms.

There is an excellent thread on what spirit is (so far, no answer) if you think you can contribute.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/279886/what-spirit-exactly

• Viviane
    Viviane
    These type of threads usually disintegrate in to " I know the only correct thinking on this" threads

That's usually how these sorts start, with a person telling us the Truth Straight From God.

I think overly simplified, it comes down to the word energy.
    How energy is applied, who applies it and where (or when).

What kind of energy? Electrical, thermal, gravitational? How can we detect it?

• Viviane
    Viviane
    If all that atheists can add to the discussion is put downs and ad hominem jabbing insults then it doesn't bode well for defending their ideas.

No one has made an attack on HMTM. False accusations don't help anyone.

This forum would be a much more helpful place for folks seeking a way out of the clutches of the WT if instead of ridiculing each other we concentrated on exposing the abuses of confidence and human rights the JW Organization inflicts on people.

Ridicule of a person is the rarity rather than the norm and the forum already does what you want. It also engages in social topics, discussions of religion in general, critical thinking and science.

• millie210
    millie210
    oppostate2 hours agoIf all that atheists can add to the discussion is put downs and ad hominem jabbing insults then it doesn't bode well for defending their ideas.

oppostate, I used to think like your post. Then I started to notice the atheists here at this forum who dont comment on these threads as per the OPs request.

Those atheists are the ones to read and to ask questions of. They dont have a secondary agenda.

You can find them making intelligent posts in various places.

Look at who dosent post and not just who does. It is very revealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit