Reject "worldly" fantasies, pursue Kingdom "realities"!!!

by DATA-DOG 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Have you had the pleasure of hearing this doozy?? I believe it was presented at the circuit level first, it has filtered it's way down.

The poor Eldub opens with this definition of the word fantasize:

"to conceive fanciful or extravagant notions, ideas, suppositions, ect."

He further added that these fantasies stem from a psychological or emotional need. He used the example of fantasizing about having every need taken care for you, with zero responsibility. He said that's how babies live, in a fantasy world where people provide their every need. They even get their bottoms wiped. ( Head-bobbing and laughter ensued)

The point of 28 minutes of logical fallacies and rambling?? Pursue the facts presented by the WTBTS concerning the last days, and the kingdom. In closing, let me say this, " If you are a young person...." Or how about, " reports are heard...selling their homes..surely this is a fine way to spend..." You get the idea, and you can fill in the blanks.

Can you even imagine a group of people who live as deeply entrenched in a fantasy as Jdubs?!?! How many have lived thier whole life believing they would never get old, or have a career, or even die?? Cheating death by surviving the Big A, the ultimate fantasy!! 😢

DD

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

Yep, the WTS never have me anything real, but my evil university education has already paid for itself several times over by my 30th birthday.

It's sad that the irony is lost on them - they're essential fantasizing about being that baby. Completely mindless, but having every need satisfied for them in paradise. That is the fantasy that fuels them all.

• talesin
    talesin

"with Zero responsibility".

That is the reason that a lot of people are JWS. You never have to decide your own ethics. Zero responsibiity and 100% self-righteous arrogance.

I don't know how some of these people can even look at themselves in the mirror.

t

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Reject Kingdom fantasies, pursue worldly realities.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

He used the example of fantasizing about having every need taken care for you, with zero responsibility.

This describes WT leadership perfectly.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

This sort of stuff always cracks me up. They believe in talking snakes and guys surviving inside a giant fish for three days but then turn around and say things like, "evolution is a myth"

The ironic taste of hypocrisy.

• Mum
    Mum

People actually do everything for babies. It's not a fantasy at all.

Most or all of us who post here have had our Armageddon/Paradise fantasies and other delusions, but we've move past them. It's clear that the GB knows that fantasy sells, the more vague the better,

• sparky1
    sparky1

RELIGION:

1. Boundless conceit concealed as utmost modesty.

2. Justification for regulating one's own behavior and coercing others to regulate theirs.

3. An inexhaustible mine of meaning for the mentally lazy.

The Untamed Tongue:A Dissenting Dictionary-THOMAS SZASZ

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

People actually do everything for babies. It's not a fantasy at all.

Yes, exactly. Babies aren't fantasizing about anything; they're living in a real world where people actually pamper babies. Though I'm not sure what point the brother was trying to make with this line of thought anyway. After all, the recent assembly had a part where the young brothers on stage all fantasized about what they wanted in the new system, like a nice house with a great view, or getting to roam the world exploring nature.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Babies live in a world of statistical truth. They MUST have their every need met by caretakers so that they can reach adult maturity.

Adult Jehovahs Witnesses live in a world of wishful fantasy. They WANT their every need met by a caretaker God so that they can be infantilized.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit