No longer to use "house to house record" slips and "please follow up slips"!

by stuckinarut2 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Search "s-43" in WTS library.

"I know nothing" a la Sargeant Schultz ain't gonna work.

• jws
    jws

I don't know whether they still use them in the US. But they don't seem to be calling on me very much and I'm home probably 75% of Saturday mornings.

Called them on it once. Said for bragging about their preaching I see Mormons more than them. Lady said she was at my house within 6 months. But knocks only (no doorbells). So if they aren't finding me home, they don't seem to be recording it. Otherwise they'd get me eventually. Unless they're knocking quietly and really don't want to talk to people.

Maybe there's a warning note about me on the territory card.

• skin
    skin

This was read out at out meeting tonight in New Zealand. We are also told to destroy any copies that we may have of this slip. All copies in our kh have been destroyed. No reason why was given, but more information will come out in the weeks to come. Maybe they not sure what scriptural twist to apply to this new light for us down here in this part of the world.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

skin - the scriptural twist will probably be ''decently and by arrangement''.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The other day I was clearing out a drawer that contained a lot of old notes and photos and stuff I had kept for fun/posterity and I came across a record of "Not Homes" that I must have made the last time I was in F.S , around seven years ago.

Typical of me it is scribbled on an old envelope, no proper form for me, and it does not say where the location is ! Presumably I thought I would go back there fairly soon, but obviously I did not.

I think they are winding down the emphasis on proper ,efficient DtoD work, this may be a prelude to saying it ain't necessary any more ??

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

It seems that they could be preparing for the new data protection laws..

" New EU data protection laws could be a "real headache" for UK charities if implemented in their current form, an intellectual property lawyer has warned.
    Mike Gardner, head of intellectual property at the law firm Wedlake Bell, said he was telling charity clients they should prepare for the laws before they come into force, which is expected to happen between March and September next year."
    "..He said these cases had already had very serious consequences for the sector from both a reputational and a financial perspective. If the new EU laws were implemented in their existing form, he said, charities would face increasing costs and scrutiny and more serious penalties if they got it wrong."

"Gardner cited the proposed obligation for any organisation with more than 250 employees to appoint a data protection officer as an example of how difficult the changes could be for charities, saying it would be an "organisational and administrative nightmare" to comply with this rule alone."

"Some of the main proposals are: introducing fines from data protection authorities of up to €1m (£780,000) or 2 per cent of annual worldwide turnover; bringing in a duty to confess, which will mean that charities will need to notify the authorities of a data breach within 24 hours of becoming aware of it and also notify the individuals whose personal data was affected; and specifying that any charity holding data on any person would have to gain explicit consent if they wished to use that data in any way."

http://www.thirdsector.co.uk/new-eu-data-protection-laws-a-headache-uk-charities-lawyer-warns/management/article/1321400

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

For anyone who wants to read about the new data protection laws and what they will mean...

http://www.computerweekly.com/guides/Essential-guide-What-the-EU-Data-Protection-Regulation-changes-mean-to-you

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

[Sorry, this is my last post now, I'm just trying to lay out some of the main parts of a massive topic. Some may apply to the Watchtower or be useful one day]

"The ISF, working with its members, has identified the top five actions to take.

1- Get your privacy policies, procedures and documentation in order and keep them up to date: data protection authorities will be able to ask for these at any time...
    4- Prepare your organisation to fulfil the "right to be forgotten", "right to erasure" and the "right to data portability".
    A strategy covering topics such as data classification, retention, collection, destruction, storage and search will be required – and it should cover all mechanisms by which data is collected, including the internet, call centres and paper."
    http://www.computerweekly.com/opinion/Security-Think-Tank-What-should-UK-business-do-to-prepare-for-new-EU-data-protection-rules-part1

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

So, where will we mark the householder as "HBH?"

• Terry
    Terry

You can be certain THERE IS MORE TO THIS than meets the eye.

Why?

The history of litigiousness evidenced by the Watchtower Society indicates otherwise, that's why.

Changes in policy have always been dictated by money matters, publicity (bad), and lawsuits lost in court.

You can be pretty sure the WTS would "pay Caesar's things to Caesar and god's things to god" unless it was a $ loser.

The JW's are no respecters of privacy!

If signs are posted: PRIVATE KEEP OUT! They will jump right in and knock.

You know the drill.

What issues are REDEFINING this organization are purely along the lines of "follow the money."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit