No longer to use "house to house record" slips and "please follow up slips"!

by stuckinarut2 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

As a Pioneer, a life-time ago, I always used a large notebook. I would sit in a convinient cafe writing meticulous notes about anyone that had showed the slightest interest, then planning what my approach would be when I returned to each victim.

This enabled me to spend time sitting drinking coffee for as long as I wanted and counting the time. I had other tricks but one per post is more than enough.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

In congo's where the BS overseer hands out the territory, and then receives it back with notes about the HH and their family, there could definitely be liability issues.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Once again we are twirling around like whirling dervishes. In the UK using these forms was banned for years due to the Data Protection Act, we had instuctions that these notes should be kept but only on ou own paper. That way we the publisher would go to court, not the society.

Then maybe two years ago without explanation or notification the slips appeared again back in the hall and are in general use. Now it seems they will disapear again. Just another example of the paranoia that drives the organisation currently. They do everything but address the real elephants in the room, a proper child protection policy and the blood quagmire.

• St George of England
    St George of England

As has been mentioned, here in the UK the use of S8's was dropped some years ago. However about two years ago we received thousands of the forms with our literature order and they were deemed OK for use again.

The fact they have now been discontinued fits in with several other changes.

The CO's report to the Society has been changed with most of the detail removed. The names of elders and MS's he has appointed/removed is not reported to the Society nor are average meeting attendances etc.

The S-79 form which the elders fill in after someone is disfellowshipped is no longer sent to the Society, it is kept in the Congregation File and any additional comments they feel should be made cannot be put on the form but only on a blank sheet of paper with no congregation/WT headings etc.

All these changes are keep the WT society away from any member that may cause them legal problems.

George

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes st george, it is getting very strange as these sort of tactics are put into place...so much for an open and transparent organization!

This sort of underhandedness would be denounced by the WT if carried out by OTHER religions!

• JustVisting
    JustVisting

The use of this form goes back to 1954 if memory serves me. I recall finding my old H2H forms with the names of needy souls long forgotten in the shuffle.

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

Interesting post. It shows Watchtower IS terrified of more lawsuits!!!!!!!

Found it interesting during a refresher for work all the new USA privacy laws -State AND Federal. The new "Affordable care Act" (Obama care). has some laws with real teeth for disclosing just about anything with personal data, but especially Medical information. A number of insurance companies and medical facilities have been hit with ONE MILLION DOLLAR + lawsuits already. VERBAL disclosure of patient medical charts is big NO NO $$.

It is just a matter of time before the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is sued because of a nosy Jehovah's Witness in Medical Records or visiting ratting out a congregation member to the Elders for a Blood Transfusion, wrong blood fraction, STD, or pregnancy.

Some of the million dollars suits have been for mere DISCLOSURE. The awards for disclosure and DEFAMATION could be HUGE. If the JW lost a job or customers add even more $$$.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

Further proof the end is getting nearer.

• tenyearsafter

I know the slips were banned in Belgium years ago. In The Netherlands they still used the forms when I got out (2012), I don't know the current situation. And for the foreign field (I was the ministerial servant in charge of the territory) we builded a nice program to keep track of all the foreign addresses, which we printed on S-8.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit