CAN WE BE BETTER THAN THE GOD WE SERVE?

by Terry 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Be careful what you say God is and what He wants; you may be saying more about yourself than you realize.

It may well be our personal taste in religion is revelatory of our basic character.

_____

Look at the devout Islamist whose worship consists of blowing people up or cutting off heads.

Contrast that to those Hindi who sit with legs folded in their own lap contemplating bliss.

Now contrast both the above to somebody who believes service to God is visiting the sick in hospitals.

_____

Instead of there being 3 different Gods served--there might only be an extraordinary unveiling of each person's heart and mind!

_____

Do we not have the power of choice to serve humanity with kindness EVEN IF some religious leader tells us God is vengeful?

In other words: CAN WE BE BETTER THAN THE GOD WE SERVE?

Jehovah's Witnesses believe in a god who solves problems by destroying billions of non-Witnesses!

What if your kind of "God" would never do that?

Are you better than Jehovah? I say, "Yes."

Think how superior JW's feel when they encounter folks who believe in a god who burns people in Hell!

They smugly explain how Jehovah is a God of Love and how a parent would never punish their child by

sticking their hands in the fire for discipline.

What if we believed in something superior to Jehovah?

The power of mere human beings to repair the world through acts of kindness, volunteerism, charity and education--I say--

is vastly superior to the JW's Jehovah's way!

STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT.

Jehovah demands JW's spend time taking dreary-worded magazines door to door.

But, what about people who take meals to the hungry, the aging, the sick and the dying?

JW reading material (food at the proper time) is stale from start to finish,

while a true benevolence in feeding a hungry person genuine meals is far more loving.

(James 1:27) "The form of worship that is clean and undefiled from the standpoint of our God and Father is this:

to look after orphans and widows in their tribulation, and to keep oneself with out spot from the world.

Working at charity is far from an approved activity among Witnesses. This raises the question: aren't those

who do visit widows and orphans, who feed the sick, who work at hospice for the dying--aren't they

SUPERIOR to Jehovah's Witnesses in every way?

I say this: the new rebuttal we owe Jehovah's Witnesses should consist of the following:

"I SERVE A MUCH NICER GOD THAN JEHOVAH because I am free to be loving and kind to everybody

instead of practicing empty words, shunning those who disagree, hiding pedophiles,

clinging to False Prophets, and condemning the entire planet to holocaust in order to gain a paradise founded

upon the death of billions."

YOU GET THE GOD YOU DESERVE!

THE GOD YOU WORSHIP REVEALS WHAT HIDES IN YOUR HEART.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

agree.

ive already told my mother that I must be better than Jehovah because Id never do to adam and eve what he supposedly did, Id never ask someone to sacrifice thier son, and Id never expect my son to die willingly for imperfect humans.

and Id never treat people the way jws treat disfellowshipped people.

• Terry
    Terry

Let's face it--it should be impossible for a human to be nicer, kinder, more just than a deity purported to be a god of love and justice.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

a perfect god cannot create imperfect things.

only a god who would have to know what imperfect was to begin with, could pass that on.

therefore If we are created in Gods image, he too must have the same imperfect traits. or,

If I am more forgiving than some, then id say The Good that people do comes from God , and he in no way has done

any of those silly things spoken of in an ancient book.

who said God was perfect? hmm does the bible say it,

perfect are all of his ways? really, alll his ways?

then why are we not perfect.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

You are right on Terry.

Let's take one example: would your everyday Jehovah's Witness take up a sword and cut open and slaughter the husband, pregnant wife and three young children next door? FUCK NO! But they worship an idea of “God” that is supposedly the “most high” in all things including love and morals, who will do such a vile act many billions of times over at Armageddon.

Countless people worship an idea of the "divine" which is void of the heart-felt caring, empathy and compassion that lives here and now intimately in their own hearts. How very, very sad that such a disconnect can exist.

Major insanity happens when we believe that our beliefs are real! Beliefs which are just thoughts of the mind that have absolutely no connection with Reality.

• Heaven
    Heaven

In many parts of the world, humans have abolished slavery... something God has been unable to do.

The discovery of penicillin/anti-biotics has saved countless lives from death due to infections -- another human endeavour that God was unable to do.

The development of modern dentistry has saved many from death due to diseased teeth/gums, etc. Once again, NOT God's accomplishment but mankind's.

I am sure I could go on and on.

• LV101
    LV101

You are right, Terry. Paradise anyway they can grab it. Nicer and kinder isn't in the cards but only their ultimate gift of living forever via Watchtower's Jehovah. When I've mentioned the James 1:27 verse they think they're above/beyond its command or they assume it's covered under their preaching/door to door. Brainwashed followers for the promise of eternal life and happiness on earth - what a sales/marketing plan.

• Terry
    Terry

I don't know if you could necessarily call it irony, but consider this.

A JW parent who allows a child to die by refusing medical treatment is missing the opportunity

to sacrifice themselves FOR the life of their own child.

A child is below the age of consent, so Jehovah is faced with the prospect of destroying a parent

for BEING MORE LOVING than He is.

• Divergent
    Divergent

JW reasoning: We cannot understand all of God's actions

My reasoning: If I cannot understand God's actions no matter how hard I try, it would mean that I do not understand what I believe, and if I cannot understand what I believe, then how can I fully believe???

• Terry
    Terry

God is invisible, but we are "made in his image." Invisible image?

God is Love, but death by the hand of this "lover" is written in blood throughout the Old Testament.

Perfect Love casts out fear, but the fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom. Go figure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit