by SoJo16 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DisArmed
    DisArmed

Welcome, SoJo! Enjoyed your story.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Welcome!

I find this board a crazy and wonderful place

That it is. Exiting the cult always involves turbulence, even if it's years later.

I've decided to be a bit more challenging to my mom when she makes comments about how bad things are in this system of things, or asks me if I still think about Jehovah.

Yeah, I tolerate NO incidental witnessing without responding. I have notified her if she does not bring it up, I won't, but if she does, she has opened the door for me to respond (and I will do it in front of whatever audience she chose to start it).

I say things like, "Are you reporting this discussion on your time card?" (Non-jws find it creepy that dubs report their time and counts of incidental witnessing. They feel casual conversations are just sales pitches and ways for her to get her numbers up. It puts them on alert.)

Or, "Yes things definitely are changing. Over the millenia, we've reduced premature death, disease, violence, ignorance, crime, and hunger. And even earthquakes are declining."

Or, "When I was a kid, they were teaching the preaching work would be finished by the end of the century--it's even in the publications--because Armageddon would be happening. Have they apologized or admitted their mistake yet?"

Or, "Why doesn't the hall do charitable stuff instead of selling books?"

• flipper
    flipper

SOJO 16 - I'm glad that you escaped the JW cult and went to law school - good for you. My niece did the same. Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. I'm glad that you've found happiness outside the JW organization. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit