More Young Indoctrination

by freemindfade 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Not to derail the thread, but I wonder if people will start naming their kids Sophia. Kinda like Catholics name their daughters Mary?
  • SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity
    The Israelites of the captivity didn't really proselytize. They found common cause with the Zoroastrians against polytheism. In other words, they were ecumenical. That's why Cyrus repatriated them and sponsored a new temple for them.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Thanks for posting the video. But sorry I could not watch more that the first minute. I am almost 60 now and yet this video is dredging up those awkward moments when I was 7 years old as a JW in the school system as if they were yesterday. I would rather keep those demons at rest.
  • TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

NewYork44M said Demons !!!!!

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    GrreatTeacher, It has already started. We have a few new Calebs in our area.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

NewYork44M said Demons !!!!!

Gotta love the demons.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Instead of stagedoor mothers it's KH stage mothers/fathers.

This is more about the bragging rights of parents than about the spiritual growth of children.

• prologos
    prologos

"I do not care for this sort of stuff. These cartoons aimed directly at children are skipping over the parent who should be the one to instruct their child. This is intrusive and detrimental to the parent's ability to teach their child in accord with the child's needs and maturity." --thanks HMTM

This was a FORCED showing of that video to a captive audience. wt probably knows no sane parent would voluntarily screen that at home. I would never allow my kids to watch such scary guilt-tripping. I felt violated to have to watch it, like an obscene, unwanted trailer in a movie theater.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing
    Of all the world's religions, the JWs have the lowest retention of members when it comes to "born-ins". It would make sense for them to kick it up a notch with the indoctrination of young ones. I have also noticed they are pushing for child baptism in a way that I have never seen before. I am guessing they think the threat of being disfellowshipped and disowned will keep them in the fold.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

TO: Watchtower: the more you tighten your grip, the more will just slip through your fingers!

The tighter you squeeze, the more will just slip through your fingers

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit