Why are people so dramatic

by rebel8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

rebel8 - "There appears to be a somewhat large percentage of the human race that needs to create drama all the time."

I blame Reality TV.

Mostly because it's a conveniant scapegoat and thusly doesn't require any honest self-reflection.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Actually it just seems like junior high school. So immature. I'm disciplining someone for it.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

rebel8 said:

There appears to be a somewhat large percentage of the human race that needs to create drama all the time. It's like breathing to them--second nature. Drama hounds. Need to create conflict, gossip, find fault, manipulate, etc. Waste more damn time doing all that crap than they do just working.

I own a small landscape company. People complain about the smallest things.

Why is the lawn yellow? ...............................Well...it's 90 degrees out and hasn't rained in three months.

Why aren't you here at the same time every week?................ If it rains, I get backed up and it changes my schedule.

Why can't you do my job today or tomorrow?.................... You are not the only customer I have.

Why isn't my grass green after I paid for fertilizer? .................It takes 2 weeks or more with lots of water to green up.

I'm a senior citizen, why don't you give me a discount?........... Why should I? The cost and labor is the same if you were 25 or 85 years old.

Why is your company so small? .....................................It allows me to serve you better and control costs. If you want, hire the larger outfit and pay more for the same service.

Someone gave me a cheaper price for the same job. .....................Why don't you hire them if the price is cheaper? Most of the customers lie about receiving another estimate.

Customers that complain about nothing are the worst. I try to bend over backwards for them but after a while they tire me out and I cancel the service.

These customers are the same ones who when given an invoice pay you two months later.

• flipper
    flipper

I deal with the public all the time in my business- and while I have some really great customers- some of them are absolute fruit loops to deal with. I find much more solace coming home spending time with my dear wife and great black lab dog and two cats ! Much easier to deal with for sure ! I get what you're saying. Hang in there kiddo

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm thinking of ordering a T-shirt that says, "Not my monkeys, not my circus!"

Or, maybe, "My name is Wes, I ain't in this mess!"

• rebel8
    rebel8

"honest self reflection"

LOL that is so true.

One of my favorite songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em328ua_Lo8

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I am right there with you on that one, I hate the drama queens. I am not working at this point, so I am mostly free of drama, and I am grateful for that, but when I was in Colorado I had space at an antique cooperative, there was always something. The manager was a bully, it was her way or nothing, and she fostered drama by constantly playing favorites. People fought over which vendors they bought from ( I carry creative CO-OP, so you can't) who carried what kind of things ( I did snow angels first!) And accusations (she's copying me!). People who had space upstairs whined to get a downstairs space, or a bigger space. People got kicked out for various reasons, others got mad and left, we even had a lawsuit by a vendor (she won) . People who didn't sell well were jealous of those who did. We had one guy that ordered every one around like he was the boss, he said we were just a bunch of bored housewives (I gave him hell about that) The owner was an alcoholic slum Lord.

I loved my business there, haven't found a place out here yet, but I don't miss the drama.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Most of us are inflicted with a dreadful disease: an inability to realize that we can witness our thoughts and connected emotions as separate from the pure, silent, witnessing consciousness – and so it is clear we are not the thoughts and mind generated stories.

Blind to this, most people unquestionably believe that they and others truly are the thoughts and stories created by the mind; and so then fight and protect their imaginary "self" and "universe" as if it is everything -- when, in fact, it is nothing at all.

• Mum
    Mum

Lucky for me, I am retired. I don't live in a senior community, but I have a friend who does. They have plenty of drama to go around. It's like elementary school.

I am grateful to my family members who allow me to live in their home. I moved 2,000 miles away from my home, and am avoiding much drama that way as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit