Why are people so dramatic

by rebel8 18 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I want to retire. I'm quite a ways off from the age to collect Social Security and all. I don't hate working--I actually like it. I just hate some people.

There appears to be a somewhat large percentage of the human race that needs to create drama all the time. It's like breathing to them--second nature. Drama hounds. Need to create conflict, gossip, find fault, manipulate, etc. Waste more damn time doing all that crap than they do just working.

I accepted my current job with a plan it will take me further away from all that and let me spend more time alone. So far it's not working out that way. Drama, drama, drama. It's like how I imagine Survivor to be--someone's always trying to build an alliance and vote someone off the island.

People suck, and I wish I could retire right now.

• talesin
    talesin

Ugh. I hear you! The Feds offered me a job twice, and the provincial GEU (Government Employees Union) as well, and I turned them down. It's been called a poor choice, but honestly, I have no regrets.

In my assignments as a long-term temp at the time, I got to see the ugly, and wanted no part of it. All that drama is boring, exhausting and a waste of time. Most of my career was spent working for private consulting firms, where the environment had to be that of a a team. Everyone from the receptionist to the president, was considered essential. Those days are gone.

Wishing you more peace at work.

xx

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Oh, and yes, I think you are correct. Many people seem to have no inner life. There are probably multiple causes, like stress, technological demands on 'alone' time, and lack of interpersonal contact, to name a few. Dramatic people remind me of the drowning man, flailing around; a cry for help. But I'm not the doctor. ;)

t

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Yes indeed rebel, people can be very sucky.

There seems to be some who if you get too close will suck you into their vortex of pain and drama.

Something to be said for solitary occupations like author or artist.

• airborne
    airborne

I so agree with you rebel8

A significant portion of the human population creates their own misery and perpetually dwells in it. Better to complain than actually make any effort to change. That would require effort and some self-enlightenment.

I picture negative people as energy vampires that want to suck me dry as a victim. So the thought came to me to pretend I have an energy field around me that they can't penetrate with their bad vibes. Also keeping my distance away from them of course. Good luck in your fight against insanity!

• Oubliette
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

Oh, dear! I have some bad news for you, dear. I am retired, live in a senior apartment complex. I never saw so much drama! Right now terrible drama over elections for the residents' association board. I do believe -- and I'm not kidding -- that the police will be called over this one. One gal has had to be taken to the hospital because her blood pressure got too high during a shouting match. She wasn't shouting, just being shouted at. Oh lordy, emotions run high around here. Over everything. As you said, "Drama, drama, drama. It's like how I imagine Survivor to be--someone's always trying to build an alliance and vote someone off the island." Right now they're trying to vote the current residents' association president off the island.

I recommend a desert island. Except that as soon as you get there, Survivor will show up and start filming.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Oh dear hortensia, geriatric drama can be the worst. There is funny episode of

Seinfeld where Jerry's father is going through the same thing as you describe.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

^^^^^^ Stella!!!! Steeeellllaaa!!!!

Classic, lol!!

• Justnowout
    Justnowout

Serenity now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit