Bill Cosby - too much smoke for no fire?

by Simon 102 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

It seems like the list of people who are accusing him of rape and sexual assault is growing every day. I'm skeptical of single accusations but the number of people and the similar stories seem overwhelming now.

It's not a conviction but to the court of public opinion ... guilty?

• cantleave
    cantleave

The allegations are coming thick and fast.

Not quite Jimmy Saville but still pretty shocking.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

He's done in the public opinion court. It's a piling on now. My guess is he will remain absolutely silent.

• minimus
    minimus

Not looking good for the hypocrite, in my humble opinion.

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

When you look up my real name and my husband's name on the internet in the Netherlands, you'll find that we're 'frauds', 'ripping off people', and using several tricks to get our hands to money... If you don't know us and have never spoken to us nor met us, you could believe it is true. It even seems to come from several different people... But people that really know us and know our stories, know and feel that none of what is on the internet about us is true. It's rumours, made up stories, by ONE envious and vindictive man trying to harm us, but using other people to spread his words.

I'm just telling this, to make a point:

How many people here know mr. Cosby in person? Have met him, spoken to him? I suppose none of us.

In my opinion it's up to the police and the courts to find out what the truth is with all these allegations around mr. Cosby. Until then he's innocent until proven guilty!

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Tell that to the court of public opinion.....

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Bruja - On YouTube there's a clip of Janice Dickensen on the Howard Stern's show from 2006 giving some comments about Cosby

When I read that she also is an accuser I said like many others, "isn't she always in and out of rehab"?, which she is, but that clip from eight years ago is kind of interesting.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Back in Mr Cosby's day attitudes to women and sex were very "nudge, nudge, wink, wink".

Not excusing it, just sayin.TV shows were pretty sexist and racist by todays standards.

It was a different era, prevailing attitudes of the day tend to dictate behavior.

Hopefully attitudes have improved.

But, yes, I would have to agree, too much smoke not to have been a fire.

• talesin
    talesin

That's interesting, ShirleyW. Janice Dickerson has no filter, so, hmmm........... she could very well be telling the truth, or at the very least 'her' truth.

Simon, I had not heard of these rumours. *sigh* Nope, don't miss TV at all.

xx

tal

EDIT: Sorry, not rumours, but 'allegations'.

*sometimes I forget how legalistic JWN has become* klass

• Dagney
    Dagney

This just popped up in my email http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/20/therese-serignese-bill-cosby-rape-victim_n_6188270.html (sorry, don't know how to imbed).

It will sort out in a court of law to be sure, but I'm thinking where there is smoke there is fire. Bill, seriously, what part of drug and rape was okay?

Wow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit