NFL bans Player for using a 'switch' on his son

by designs 36 Replies latest social current

• little_Socrates
    little_Socrates

Simon would you consider an open handed smack to the back of a young childs hand, or an open handed spank to the clothed backside abuse?

Also the disipline you suggests works well once the child is fully verbal, not so well before hand though.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley

A number of recent studies suggest that harsh corporal punishment permanently damages the gray matter in children, especially those in the 5 - 9 year age group.

wow... I could have been a genius...

• talesin
    talesin

I agree with Simon on this. I would relate that my friends (a couple) raised their children with zero physical punishment. We were friends as teens, so I was there for the "whole nine yards" and babysat the kids frequently when they were little, as Dad was in the Navy, and mom needed breaks (twins and a toddler LOL). They (all 3) are in their early 20s, in school with no major problems, and were very nice children. Always have been, even as toddlers. But, of course, that is just 'anecdotal evidence'. ;)

t

• designs
    designs

According to PATHEOS.COM Fundamentalist Christians lead the US in administering corporeal punishment to children.

• DJS
    DJS

Designs,

That figures from a lot of perspectives. The fundies have been taught (by Proverbs) that beating your child will save him from the devil (hell), just as the Borg taught us, albeit from sheol. I'm glad I ignored that very bad admonition. The scripture in Proverbs is one of the bricks in my theist wall that I analyzed, evaluated and then removed on my way to atheism.

• designs
    designs

DJS- Remember some of the Public Talks that took a literal interpretation of that Proverbs verse, from 30+ years ago. I wonder in light of so many countries banning corporeal punishment if the Wt. guys tossed those old talks or re-wrote them. Punishment Light.

• DJS
    DJS

Designs,

It makes Paul's nonsense about " all scripture is inspired of god and beneficial for reproving, setting things straight, disciplining in righteousness. .. . " all the more crap. Another brick in the wall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit