Why do "Apostates/exjws" always go into "Watchtower-bashing" when you show them inconsistencies in the Bible?

by booker-t 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• booker-t
    booker-t

90% of you that responded prove my point whenever there is a topic that goes against what you want to hear you all WT-bash. The only sincere person that posted I believe was Missfit. There was no rant and "attacking the messenger attitude" that the majority of the posters had. Poopsiecake showed the "most" "attacking the messenger". All I did was ask a question. Just because this is a ex-jws site I feel it is disrepectful for ex-jws to cry victim at the WT society but do the same thing when a poster does not agree with them. That is reverse oppression. Since Missfit was respectful I will answer her question. Some examples I had were with some ex-jws at a ex-jw potluck. After the lunch I was conversing with two ex-jws men about Cain and his wife, I talked about the scripture where Jesus told his disciples he was not going to the festival I believe it was up in the mountain but when the disciples arrived Jesus was right there so I asked the ex-jws was this a deception on Jesus' part or what did they believe it was? Right away the two ex-jws men started bashing the WT calling them false prophets and 1975 came up, and I asked them why were they bashing the WT when I asked them a question about the inconsisties of the Bible. I am not here to say who are false prophets and who are not I only try to center on the Bible which some posters have mentioned has some questionable verses. Even when I was a JW I never totally swallowed the bible 100% because of the inconsisties. I would challenge anybody JW, Born Again, Mormon, Muslim, to prove to me the bible is 100% without contradictions. I still believe in God but I think the Bible has been tainted to some degree by religion.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I used the bible to refute WT then I used ancient religion to refute the bible. Any time a jw or exjw wants to argue as if the bible is the word of god then I'm fine with it because I can still use the bible to blow up jw doctrine. Most here are angry at WT may not have a lot of bible knowledge but still saw the problems with WT that's why their here.

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, booker-t. It seems to me, that for many ex-JWs, especially those who swallowed the Lie as adults, everything is about the WT. They can't have a discussion about religion or the Bible, unless it involves the WT and bashing.

That's normal. They are angry, and unable to let it go. Still reeling from having their lives stolen, feeling stupid for having believed the now-obvious lies of the WTS. Hurt, embarrassment, anger - it's hard to 'see' anything else, in this moment.

xx

tal

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

"...the Bible has been tainted to some degree by religion."

Nay sir! The bible has been painted to an exponential degree over the centuries. Looks like a 'tarred and feathered' job by ,,,what is it ? some 40000 christian dnominations!!!

• steve2
    steve2

I appreciate having a role in which I help people prove points. Booker-t, you're more than welcome.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I noticed some time ago Booker loves to start threads and never return to comment again on them. Looks like steve was able to at least squeeze one response out of him this time based on his prior comment.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Not sure how my comment was 'attacking'. You asked a question and I responded with my thoughts on the question asked.

• Simon
    Simon

Most of "our" experience of the bible has been through the WTS and the WTS sets itself up as it's sole interpreter so for many ex-JWs it's no wonder that criticism of the bible and WTS gets somewhat blurred.

• steve2
    steve2

For some people, if you don't agree with their opinion and - shock, horror - dare express an alternative, that consitutes an "attack". Sounds familiar? Just saying....

• SnarlingRaven
    SnarlingRaven

your question is a dihonest one, booker, in the way it was framed.

DO ALL xJW's do the ridulous thing you accuse ALL of them of? Well . . . ?

Now, I know many JW's and many xJW's alike have a hard time staying within the context of anything and run off into left field when they don't have a valid answer or agument, and JW's are conditioned to do that because truth and honesty has been murdered by a very loose everchanging time sensative interpretation of Scripture but if you were honest and not lumping EVERYONE into a presupposition, you'd get a more respectful and precise answer. Most people who commented, it would seem, are merely rejecting your premise, as am I. Most of us here can discuss the Bible itself without bashing the WTBTS. But, let's say, your Bible topic is an old WTBTS assertion or premise, letting the air out of your already balding tires and bashing the WTBTS for it's interpretwistion is the only way to go. You leave a thinking person with no choice. specifics would be nice, otherwise, you're issue is moot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit