Jehovah's organization growing like never before: but bible studies are way down. Huh?

by kneehighmiah 32 Replies latest jw friends

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@Edenone also in the U.S the number of biblestudies is growing

2011 714,151 biblestudies

2012 722,179 biblestudies

2013 732,326 biblestudies

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Maybe by now Tony Morris knows the numbers for the service year ending in August 31st 2014, and they show a decrease relative to the numbers published in 2013's Yearbook.

Eden

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This Anthony Morris guy is one big conundrum from the get go. Jehovah's Organ is growing but bible studies are way down. If that isn't an admission of ignorance and faulty thinking I don't know what is. Maybe Tony needs to go down on corporation sock puppet Jehovah to find the answer. Maybe a little jungle juice from sock puppet jehovah might get some almost dead neurons firering and give him a clue because the way I see it this job career of his has left him brain dead or close to it, what a freakin moron this guy is.

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

Inside, bible studies don't mean doo-doo.

Most of them aren't actually studying the bible with jws, they are just too nice to slam the door. Some just want to socialize. When we lived in the bible belt, people would repeatedly allow us to visit NOT because they agreed with what we taught (they didn't) but because they viewed the bible as holy.

It's all just a numbers game.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

But in the BS counts, is included so called door step studies, that can last just a few minutes! I know a brother that has 15 studies he counts every monthm that last 5 to 10 minutes each!!!

Dwain

• cultBgone
    cultBgone

So as Dwain pointed out, "Bible Studies" don't mean growth and don't mean that JWs are the true religion. It's just a numbers game.

• kairos
    kairos

And this begs the question:
    How many people "know" that JWs are conducting bible studies with them?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Heh, nice question, kairos. I can think of some people that don't know they're Bible studies. For example, a lady who occasionally talks to a friendly JW acquaintance over the phone. She doesn't know that as soon as they're done talking and they hang up, the JW basically pumps her fist over getting a b.s. and another hour of time in.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They are growing in 3rd world no internet countries! In the west there time was 1990's before the net destroyed them.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Just as the qualifications for pioneering have been modified to increase the numbers signing up, the criteria for what counts as a study has also gone down.

When I was still "in" over a decade ago, one circuit overseer said if you open the latest bible study aid and ask the householder one of the questions in the brochure on the doorstep you have started a study. The householder may not have agreed to the study or even be aware they are studying with JW's but virtue of not shutting the door and allowing you to ask the question they are being counted as a study. When you return and ask the next question in the book and they still haven't slammed the door on you, then that is study #2.

And even using this lax definition, studies are way down?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit