Scientists Should Not Dismiss Genesis So Quickly

by Chris Tann 112 Replies latest watchtower bible

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

This is a very tiresome thread to read through. It has already been debunked on here so I wont try. However I will point out that you failed to show how chapter 1 and 2 of Genesis fit together....since they dont. 2:4a-2:4b are a breaking point and a beginning of a new story.

• Zordino
    Zordino

"Scientists should not dismiss Genesis so quickly"

Ummmmm. ..Yes they should.

• QC
    QC

Chris: the Hebrew word chug as describing the earth....This word denotes a sphere not a circle.

Great point.

There's lots of JWN bullies. Hold your ground. Make your passionate points. I find them exhilarating.

Here’s another:

The Sun is EXACTLY 400 times the size of the Moon, and it’s EXACTLY 400 times further away from Earth than the Moon is away from Earth, creating an optical illusion that Sun and Moon are the same size. Esthetically Earth's view of this is stunningly appealing.

Another coincidence?

…ummm

• prologos
    prologos

QC yes, the solar eclipse arrangement is stunning, but if it is,

It would be a NON-BIBLICAL MESSAGE from a creator, and so are, in my opinion, the rings of Saturn, ornaments that go beyond the utilitarian, so is

Thw MODIFIED Bode Law where the Earth is '10' just like our our toes, and is within .5% of it's predicted distance with Jupiter. but

The bible is de-bunked. so, QC, give up.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If bible creationist were intellectually honest they would say the writings in the first book of the bible were conceived from

out of human ignorance, which all people living in that era of human history had to endure.

There's something true and honest.

Come on you devout Christians your supposed to be the epitome of Truth and honesty !

• poopsiecakes
  • sparky1
    sparky1

Chris: the Hebrew word chug as describing the earth.....the word denotes a sphere not a circle.

I would like to refer you to my comments on this post before you make such a BOLD statement:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/186896/3/A-Sphere-

( I agree with Apognophos and the research he has done. A circle is a circle. Period. Nothing more and nothing less.)

• sir82
    sir82

The Sun is EXACTLY 400 times the size of the Moon, and it’s EXACTLY 400 times further away from Earth than the Moon is away from Earth

Huh?

The mean radius of the sun is 432,450 miles (696,000 kilometers), which makes its diameter about 864,938 miles (1.392 million km).

Diameter of the Moon in miles: 2,159 miles

Dammit Jim, I'm a doctor, not a mathemetician, but I think that 864,938 / 2159 = 400.61

Under the new definition, the astronomical unit (or AU) the measurement used for the Earth-sun distance — is no longer always in flux, depending on the length of a day and other changing factors. It is now a fixed number: 149,597,870,700 meters, which is the equivalent of almost 92.956 million miles.

The average distance from the center of the Earth to the center of the Moon is 384,400 km (238,900 mi)

Call me crazy, but I think 92,956,000 / 238,900 = 389.10

This is going to sound controversial I'm sure, but I'm just gonna say it: I don't think either 400.61 or 389.10 is "EXACTLY 400".

• prologos
    prologos

sir, that is why the eclipses are so intriguing, not one is ever the same. diamond beads and all. how many factors have to be right to get these "~" conditions?

Encourage everyone to use the "~" sign to not stray too far from the topic.

let it be resolved: The bibles beginning, Genesis is not inerrant. Nature is.

• Heaven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit