Deposition of Richard Ashe

by truthseekeriam 51 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

Lol. I thought that was funny too. I would have loved to see the look on their face when he said that.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

A. You can try to do a search for "do not destroy" but you'll come up with child abuse, you'll come up with adultery, you'll come up with bigamist marriage, you'll come up with slander, fraud, murder any abhorrent sin.

O. It's that much sin going on in the Jehovah Witness?

That bit really made me laugh.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

A. You can try to do a search for "do not destroy" but you'll come up with child abuse, you'll come up with adultery, you'll come up with bigamist marriage, you'll come up with slander, fraud, murder any abhorrent sin.

O. It's that much sin going on in the Jehovah Witness?

That bit really made me laugh.

Me too.

And the 'body builder' manual. Poor Ashe couldn't even use good enunciation when he was speaking - maybe someone should mark him down for that.

Body of elders = Body Builders

I can't wait for that manual to be released.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The lawyer really used their own printed articles against them.

the exchange that started on page 46 of the deposition regarding the awake April 8, 1993 really made a great point.

Its speaking of statements made by victims and reporters regarding pedoophile priests withing the Catholic Church.

deposition page 47 quotes " the second abuse occurs victims of abuse, fails to take their abuse accusation seriously and moves onto protecting the offending priest.

Well it goes on...

toward the end the lawyer asks Ashe " if parents are not warned that there is a child molester with in their mist, that has the ability or maybe able to come I contact with their children, does that not perpetuate that kind of silence that the Jehovah Witness organization is warning against?"

after an objection

answer: Not in my view it doesn't.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ashe: You can try to do a search for do not destroy but you'll come up with child abuse, you'll come up with adultery, you'll come up with bigamist marriage, you'll come up with slander, fraud, murder any abhorrent sin.

Wow, would have loved to have been there for THAT MOMENT!

• Listener
    Listener

Really, they have files on murder?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Really, they have files on murder?

I would imagine they do. The WTS encourages its members to troll prisons for converts.

Don't forget about Rose West, the serial killer from the UK. She now claims to have JW status.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/619953/News-Crime-West-is-a-Jehovah.html

And the Yorkshire Ripper, Peter Sutcliffe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7926151/Yorkshire-Ripper-Peter-Sutcliffe-challenges-whole-life-ruling.html

• Been_There_Done_That
    Been_There_Done_That

So, after reading 80% of the deposition I had to do some research about depositions. Basically, a judge is not there. The attorneys representing WTBTS objections were signaling/coaching the deposed Richard Ashe to be careful about answering the question. But, as far as I was concerned Ashe gave enough information to hang WTBTS. At one point the lawyer fussed at the WTBTS's lawyer for their continual objecting and basically messing with the process.

Interesting, Wikipedia, (I know the most trustworthy site) says, "The first is to assert a privilege and the second is to object to the form of the question asked. Objections to form are frequently used to signal the witness to be careful in answering the question. Since the judge is not present, all other objections, in particular those involving the rules of evidence , are generally preserved until trial. They still can be made sometime at the deposition to indicate the serious problem to judge and witness, but the witness must answer the question despite these objections. If the form objection is made, the opposite party still has the right to re-phrase the same question and ask it again. Indeed, in Texas , lawyers were so aggressively using objections to indirectly coach their witnesses on the record that all objections outside of four narrow categories are now prohibited and making such prohibited objections waives all objections to the question or answer at issue." ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deposition_(law))

It is obvious by the objections that they did not want "the truth" out, they were there to protect WTBTS interest. I think I could be a defense attorney, but I don't think I could sleep at night being a WTBTS attorney.

• Island Man
    Island Man

"Really, they have files on murder?"

Sure they do. Just take a read of this letter Watchtower sent to a body of elders . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fQJeVHCamc

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

That exchange quoted earlier could not have been more hilarious. Thanks for sharing it.

The letter quoted by island man is appauling. Sure hes a murderer.....but its up to his conscience not the elders to turn him in.

I love how all of a sudden the conscience takes such precidence.

Anyone know who counsel was for the WTS in this case? I know personally the local lawyers in San Diego that are used by them. I'm curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit