Deposition of Richard Ashe

by truthseekeriam 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Who is Ashe?? I have just read a few lines so far, and it's incredible. Brother Ashe is a JW and he testifies in court that he cannot recall any specific instances where the contents of the Awake are discussed?!?! WTH?!?!

Lies, great and small!!

DD

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Hey guys, it's a DEPOSITION. It says that in the title of this thread on on page 2 of the linked transcript.

Ashe was not on a witness stand in a court room. This is out of court testimony.

It's part of the discovery process pre-trail. There was not a judge present.

The attorneys voice their objections for the record so they are there if and when a trail occurs later.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Very telling that the wt attorneys objected at almost every question.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ashe was not on a witness stand in a court room. This is out of court testimony.

It's part of the discovery process pre-trail. There was not a judge present.

You are absolutely right. I got caught up with the response and fell into the comment made as to why the judge didn't stop the objections. Sorry.

Very telling that the wt attorneys objected at almost every question.

That is their job. They are supposed to object when there are things said in the question that are a point of issue.

What I got from the objections is that the concern was over the term 'policy' as opposed to 'beliefs and practices'. And, the other concern was when the term 'organization' was used - especially if 'Watchtower Society' was referred to instead of Jehovah's Witnesses. There seemed to be a matter of which 'part' of that organization was being referred to in the question. These are critical legal points when it comes to determining lines of authority.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Here is something I am curious about.

Do the Watchtower men have their own bible they bring in to court to lay their hand on and swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Do they use the court bible or do they bring their Silver Sword to court with them?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I believe this was the Watchtower's PMQ...person most quilified? Correct me if I'm wrong.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ditto what truthseeker notes, basically he was who WT put forward to explain WTF they are doing up there in the service dept. If you read some of the docs you see that WT attorneys fight tooth and nail to keep Losch out of the mix, and hang this guy out to dry.

In the end Losch dodges like the coward he is.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

No bibles involved swearing in Orphan.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Do the Watchtower men have their own bible they bring in to court

It's rare these days (at least on the East Coast) for witnesses to be asked to swear on a bible. And there is definitely not going to be any swearing on bibles at a deposition in a lawyer's office. In fact, you can't be made to "swear" at all if you don't want to. As long as a witness "affirms" to tell the truth under penalty of perjury, that's enough to qualify a witness to testify.

As far as objections, what Oubilette said is right. It's not uncommon in any litigation for the majority of questions at a deposition to be objected to. As long as the attorney defending the deposition doesn't instruct the witness not to answer, it's fine. There is no judge there to referee, so they are generally just preserving objections to form. It doesn't mean that the attorney is worried that it's a damning question.

• blondie
    blondie

Christian Congregation of Jehovah‟s Witnesses, Inc. that were all denied as Richard Ashe and Allen Shuster, employees of this corporation and members of its Service Department , which receives/filters all written correspondence for the U.S. Branch of Jehovah‟s Witnesses,

http://jwleaks.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/september-23-2013-plaintiffs-opposition-to-motion_dcd.pdf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit