why didnt God just do this?

by sowhatnow 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

for one thing, I cant get past genesis, but no matter.

when God told adam and eve if you eat from the tree youll die. ok.

so WHY did he not simple let THEM die and not allow the offspring to?

you see, If I was a God, and i told two people that, Id let them die ,

but id also tell them to warn thier offspring that if they ALSO do it they will die,

giving the offspring the chance to live forever, and only the ones who ate from the tree need die.

the evidence of seeing thier parents AGE AND DIE in front of their very eyes should have been enough motivation dont you think?

this would still accomplish Gods will and not bring an entire earth of mankind into trouble.

• Gregor
    Gregor

The more one thinks rationally about the Old Testament mythology the more ridiculous it becomes.

Then the New Testament picks up the mythology and gets us into accepting the concept of human sacrifice to appease God for the outrageous disobedience of Adam and his girlfriend, Eve. "I told you not eat that fruit. Now you've spoiled not only your supper but the lives of billions of your offspring." Give me a break.

Then John smokes some schrooms and writes Revelation.

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Your logic is impeccable.

However, you do realise that the whole Adam & Eve thing is simply a myth, right?

• Kosonen
    Kosonen

I don't think this would have solved the problem. Some of the kids would have rebelled anyway. And the wicked would hate the good. Like Cain hated Abel. Also think about the amount of angels that rebelled. That happened many years after the first sin. And they saw the results in the human but were not terrified to disobey God.

So I think God wanted satan to have his kingdom on earth, to make it evident what that would lead to, and also to show satan and everyone that even a sinful person can "hate" his sinfulness and wish to get rid of it and to completely conform to God's will.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I believe that the english translation of Genesis completely covers up it's original message and meaning.

Look up a hebrew interlinear and look at the direct hebrew to english word translation to understand how I have come to the conclusion I'm about to mention.

A few hidden things lost in english translation.

Reading Genesis the way I mentioned, you'll also see that as each phase of creation happens or after God said to let something happen, the phrase, "And he is becoming" follows. When he spoke to Moses he said his name is, "I shall become what I shall become". So in Genesis when it says, "And he is becoming atmosphere, and he is becoming morning, then he says to the Earth, "SHE" shall produce seed of HIM, AND HE is becoming so. This is describing how he started life, he had the female Earth produce seed of him then he became the seed, by transferring his life force into the seed to jump start it. All life we see comes from life, there has never been shown life to come from dead matter. So God 'becoming' transferring his life into what he made, is how it started.

To your question, a major thing lost in the English translation.....

It's much easier to see a double meaning in the hebrew interlinear about the creation. We know day and night as determined by the sun and moon, and light as from the sun. How was there morning, evening, nights, etc BEFORE sun and moon made? If you read in hebrew interlinear, take light to mean good and dark to mean evil. Before any laws, before KNOWLEDGE of good and evil, before anything it was chaos. If you read Genesis in another light, you'll see it's God creating order out of chaos and doing a lot of SEPERATION and DIVIDING AND creating or determing good and evil.

Now this dividing and separating comes down to individual entities. Possibly the reason that Satan has 1/3 of Angels is that originally Father divided into 2 or created 2 under him, one that was light and 1 that was darkness and each of them had 1/3 of angels. Just a possibility.

But in Genesis it says that the sun was made and the moon to SHOW which was ruling (light or darkness). Not to make light and darkness but to show, or a sign, of what is ruling.

THE BIG PLAN

Now lets say God's plan is to have GOOD life live eternally but also to be fair in who is the good life. He doesn't want evil to live eternally. He these 2 forces that were made are opposers or satans to each other. Satan means opposer. He knows that the knowledge of good and evil is needed or good to know so his creation will know not to do evil and what is good, etc. He also knows that the opposer MUST go against him. So he tells adam not to eat of tree of knowledge of good and evil. When the serpent asks if there was anything they were told NOT to do, he had to oppose and so he enticed them to eat of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. God's plan was for after knowing good and evil, and after having good and evil divided into individuals, each person has the equal ability to be good or evil, to let their selves sort out and those that are good he would save or have seperated from the evil. And after this point, the good are the ones who get life. The evil may just be seperated or no life, unsure on that.

• Divergent
    Divergent

Well, the simple reason is that Adam & Eve sinned & lost their perfection BEFORE they produced offspring, hence their imperfection would have passed on to their offspring!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

One other explanation, the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Instead of physical fruit, since Israel for example was linked to a tree, and Jesus said the tree not producing good fruit is tossed out, etc, throughout the entire bible trees are symbolic.

Jesus also said if a person is ignorant of sin, or does something not knowing, it's NOT a sin. But once you know, then it's a sin. That's also why new testement says not to do things in bad conscious because then it's WILLFUL wrong vs accidental.

With that being said, perhaps the fruit of the tree of knowledge was an entity, the serpent, or book, that was telling them what was good and evil. They said they will die when they get it. Since they KNEW what was good and evil, then things they couldn't resist, etc, as soon as they made one little mistake, they were going to die. In which case even the hebrew scriptures could be considered knowledge of good and evil.

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers

There was no adam and eve.......it is a story....the baseline story to distinguish the Jewish nation...... it is a myth...

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

well, justkidding, i always wondered where in the bible it said that adam and ever were perfect.

when he created things he it says it was good. to me, perfect cannot sin. God must have had evil in him to pass that on to his creation. the tree of the knowlege of good and bad? what was bad? did eve know what bad was? hmmm.

to me, a perfect thing cannot produce imperfection.

id suppose our interpretation of perfect is not what was intended by the writters using the word good.

and even if imperfection passed on, those ones still could have seen ther parents die, and made a informed

choice to stay away from that tree.

shortening up the life of a human who would have eaten from the tree to say,

5 years would have been appropriate. you eat from the tree, no matter how old you are, you get 5 yrs age and die.

staying away from a tree is a hell of a lot easier than staying away from sex, lol

[which by the way was ok to do with your sister apparently and even at age 15 which was how old mary was when she had Jesus.]

and yes I do believe its not real, why?

because, I, as a feeling loving human, supposedly created from God, would have NEVER, first of all put a tree in a garden and said dont touch it, or, allowed my 'son' [satan] , to mess with his sister and brother[adam eve], and lie to them, AND THEN

condemed my 'grandchildren' to a life of misery, because their father and mother did not listen.

that would make me better than God. right?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

It's interesting to see how completely stupid the whole story sounds when you begin to read about it in these comments. When you are believer, you don't even realize how idiotic the whole Adam and Eve thing is, you just sorta believe in it, because you are supposed to.

Here is how it should have been:

- God creates Adam and Eve

- God tells Adam and Eve: " Hey guys, eat whatever you want. I thought about telling you not to eat from this one tree here, but that would be totally stupid. There is no reason for that, so eat what you want, and then go find some clothes, for crying out loud"

- Serpent comes and asks Adam " Is it true that God has told you not to eat from this one tree here?"

- Adam: "Nope. He told us to eat whatever we want"

- Serpent : "Shit, that fuc*d up my plan"

- God realizes Serpent (Satan) is bad and kills it.

- God tells Adam and Eve : "Well now there is no Satan, so you have no excuse to be bad. Fill the earth and live here forever, and if you become bad, i'll just kill you like the Serpent"

End of story. So simple. I should be God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit